Windows 10: Desktop lost its network

Discus and support Desktop lost its network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ruggb, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

Desktop lost its network

File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers.
    FE can see other devices - media
    My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS.
    Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them.
    I toggled Network Discovery - no help, but now FE is showing only media devices and printers with no headings.

If I type in the \\NAS.......it will open the NAS or computer.

It has been working, what changed?

:)

ruggb, Jun 16, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 desktop suddenly lost network.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

You may be facing the above issue due to the non-updated or in-compatible network adapter installed on your PC. Sometimes running a simple troubleshooter will resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    network adapter troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Network Adapter,click on
      Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• After the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persist, update theNetwork Adapter driver manually from
    Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the network adapter driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Refer to the links below on,

Can't detect wireless network after upgrading to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Desktop lost its network

Network connection lost - but still there

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Desktop lost its network

1. Desktop lost its network - Similar Threads - Desktop lost network

2. Lost network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost network: In my computer I have the main broadband hub with the main internet provider and an extender. My computer always connects to the extender and the main provider never appears as an option. I managed to change its priority to 1 but the computer still connects to the extender....
  3. Lost network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost network: In my computer I have the main broadband hub with the main internet provider and an extender. My computer always connects to the extender and the main provider never appears as an option. I managed to change its priority to 1 but the computer still connects to the extender....
  4. Lost network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Desktop: I rebooted my pc and have lost access to the desktop. It looks more like a start page. How do I get my desktop back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/97af6667-dfd3-4562-8b72-a0dd002aaad4
  6. lost desktop

lost desktop: I just had the latest update to windows 10 and lost my entire desktop. how do i restore the icons and task bar icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/4c9d11e8-78dc-4541-a0af-004a9a376b23
  7. LOST NETWORKS

LOST NETWORKS: I just installed a new router. I orginally had three networks i.e. shorehouse 4, shorehouse4 guest, and shorehouse4-almond. I now have only one: shorehouse4-almond. How do I get the other two back?...
  8. lost desktop

lost desktop: My computer did an update on windows 10 and now it can't find the desktop, nothing works and I have a black screen. A dialog box does come up saying the desktop is missing or moved...
  9. desktop lost its network mind

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop lost its network mind: File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS. Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them. I toggled Network Discovery -...
  10. Lost Network

Lost Network: Running W10 Pro with Anniversary Update. I use a WD MyCloud NAS connected via ethernet. I have three media players also connected via ethernet using powerlines. Never had a problem until today. Now none of the media players can find or connect to the network. The NAS...