Windows 10: Desktop menu blink

Discus and support Desktop menu blink in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a weird blink problem on my desktop taskbar menu. Problem is it eventually blinks posting here a quick gif I forced the problem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martyalicante, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Desktop menu blink

Hello
    I have a weird blink problem on my desktop taskbar menu.
    Problem is it eventually blinks
    posting here a quick gif
    I forced the problem to appear moving a pdf file from a folder to desktop and then back to the folder again.
    Notice the menu only blinks first time each time i drop the pdf file or any file on the desktop
    I have windows 10, gtx 970 and i7 6700k and 2k display on displayport cable, this been happening long ago.
    Thank you

Desktop menu blink [​IMG]

:)

martyalicante, Mar 9, 2017

2. desktop screen blinks

using windows 10. when RIGHT CLICK on any desktop app the desktop screen blinks and the tool bar menu as well as right down corner menu disappear for 1-2 seconds and comes back after blinking. please help to fix the problem

DEEP CHANDA, Mar 9, 2017
  3. msgarrett Win User
    Updated to Windows 10 and Desktop blinks every few seconds

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 on a Compaq laptop. After the upgrade the desktop icons began to blink on and off every few seconds. At the same time, the CPU activity is at 100%. Additionally, the mouse pointer has a continuous blue
    circle. The desktop is stable for 1 to 2 seconds in between blinks, and I can access a program from a desktop icon or the start menu. The program windows are stable (no blinking), but the desktop continues the blinking behind the program window. What to
    do?

msgarrett, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Desktop menu blink

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2017
  5. martyalicante, Mar 17, 2017
  6. Then you now know this is not third party software.

I would think next option is to isolate video driver. I would create a restore and more importantly a system Image using a tool like Macrium reflect. Won't likely need but better safe than sorry.

First I would test in Safe Mode. This uses the basic windows drivers, as I understand it. If it happens in Safe Mode I would think it is coming right from Windows itself. If it doesn't happen then good indication it is within nVidia driver set.

You could then try uninstalling driver and replacing with either older or newer driver. A word of caution. As you likely know messing with video drivers can have some undesirable impacts.

Lets see what you find in Safe Mode.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop menu blink

1. Desktop menu blink - Similar Threads - Desktop menu blink

2. windows 10 desktop blinking loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 desktop blinking loop: hi, I still have a loop blinking desktop issue please helpwindows 10 desktop blinking loop - Microsoft Community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-blinking-loop/5de70513-98a3-4830-b795-20fb8de8e9e5
  3. windows 10 desktop blinking loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 desktop blinking loop: Hi, I have a lenovo laptop with blinking loopI can't fix - I have already unstalled updates but not the main update it didn't mangage to uninstall it- uninstalled the graphic drivers- disabled all services from msconfig, desktop icons are hidden because i disabled all...
  4. My desktop is blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop is blinking: I updated and turned off my computer yesterday and when I turned my pc on today it took a long time to start up and when I finally logged on, my desktop was blinking about every second and it appeared that file explorer was being restarted every time, the login screen is fine...
  5. Desktop blinking on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop blinking on start up: Started happening randomly since the last Windows 10 update. But sometimes when I turn on my computer, it loads my desktop with my customized background and taskbar colors. Then starts flashing about half a second black over and over. After about 30ish seconds, the image...
  6. Desktop Icon's Blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon's Blinking: One of my users has an issue where his desktop icons blink like they are refreshing every second or so. This causes explorer.exe to use a high amount of CPU. After troubleshooting extensively I have narrowed the source down to the State Repository Service service. If i stop...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop Blinking: Edit: It's blinking not flickering! Sorry for my poor vocab. Hi I'm having this problem that at random times, some part of the screen just blinks into black and back to normal. It's happening to random parts of the screen, usually vertically slices of the screen, and it's...
  8. Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop: I hope I can explain this that it makes sense. I was away from my PC for about 30 minutes & heard an alarm sound coming from it. There was a white box outlining the start menu icon that blinked off & then surrounded the arrow on the right for hidden icons. The white box...
  9. Blinking/Flashing Icons on Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Blinking/Flashing Icons on Desktop PC: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen and icons that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10 build 1803 installed on 5/19/2018, and am getting...
  10. Automatic repair -> blinking desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair -> blinking desktop: My daughter has a Dell P20T ultrabook (11" inspiron). Yesterday when she turned it on it said "Automatic Repair" and eventually got to a blue screen. We tried just rebooting several times, but it would always 'automatic repair' and end up at the blue screen. We eventually...