Windows 10: Desktop missing

Discus and support Desktop missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed win10 a few days ago. After install the desktop would flicker for a minute or 2 and then disappear. Now after restart no desktop at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reino4, Aug 6, 2015.

1. reino4 Win User

Desktop missing

Installed win10 a few days ago. After install the desktop would flicker for a minute or 2 and then disappear. Now after restart no desktop at all. Windows says graphics card (drivers15.200.1045.1) were updated during install.

:)

reino4, Aug 6, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Accidentally removed desktop items from WIndow 10 and can't restore with settings opeiton

Restore Missing Desktop Icons

BulldogXX, Aug 6, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    Missing Desktop

hi there:

What do you mean by desktop has been moved or deleted? Did you try and go to personalize and add icons there? I would suggest you to create a new user account and see.

PaulPChou, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Desktop missing

1. Desktop missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  3. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  4. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, I've noticed that the Recycle Bin icon is missing from my Windows 10 desktop. I didn't delete it, but it's nowhere to be found, and I can't seem to restore it. I've checked the desktop icon settings, but Recycle Bin is not listed there either. Can someone please help...
  5. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, I've noticed that the Recycle Bin icon is missing from my Windows 10 desktop. I didn't delete it, but it's nowhere to be found, and I can't seem to restore it. I've checked the desktop icon settings, but Recycle Bin is not listed there either. Can someone please help...
  6. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop: Has anyone experienced this too? When moving desktops in Windows, some of the icons on the taskbar sometimes disappear, sometimes they appear again....
  8. Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop

Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop: Has anyone experienced this too? When moving desktops in Windows, some of the icons on the taskbar sometimes disappear, sometimes they appear again....
  9. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...
  10. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...