Windows 10: Desktop missing

Discus and support Desktop missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed win10 a few days ago. After install the desktop would flicker for a minute or 2 and then disappear. Now after restart no desktop at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reino4, Aug 6, 2015.

1. reino4 Win User

Desktop missing

Installed win10 a few days ago. After install the desktop would flicker for a minute or 2 and then disappear. Now after restart no desktop at all. Windows says graphics card (drivers15.200.1045.1) were updated during install.

:)

reino4, Aug 6, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Accidentally removed desktop items from WIndow 10 and can't restore with settings opeiton

Restore Missing Desktop Icons

BulldogXX, Aug 6, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    Missing Desktop

hi there:

What do you mean by desktop has been moved or deleted? Did you try and go to personalize and add icons there? I would suggest you to create a new user account and see.

PaulPChou, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Desktop missing

1. Desktop missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing: Hello, Yesterday i was kind of multitasking in my computer, exporting and in the same time coding, until my computer freezes and then everything faded away. So i turned off then turned on my computer, and that is where i got to see that my desktop icons are gone. The...
  3. Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders and icons from desktop screen: Hello, I have a problem, after uninstalling Blizzard launcher, some of my desktop folders and icons disappeared. I don't know what happened, everything worked until then. Can anyone help me, please? 141013
  4. biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop: I have an all in one HP desktop that has a camera which works with hello windows facial recognition, or it did. after one of the last updates, windows said it couldn't turn on camera, and i used my pin. when i went to the account sign in option, i tried to redo the facial...
  5. Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop: Hello, I have a weird issue where the mapped drives on the Desktop go missing in Windows 10 every so often. I've tried UNC paths and they stay on the desktop. The network isn't dropping so I can't see why these would be getting removed. Anyway to stop or prevent this...
  6. Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop: Hello, I have a weird issue where the mapped drives on the Desktop go missing in Windows 10 every so often. I've tried UNC paths and they stay on the desktop. The network isn't dropping so I can't see why these would be getting removed. Anyway to stop or prevent this...
  7. Missing from Store: LinkedIn for Windows 10 -- desktop application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing from Store: LinkedIn for Windows 10 -- desktop application: Does anyone know what happened to the LINKEDIN download for Windows 10 desktop? I have it on my laptop and wanted to put it on my main computer, but when I visit the store it doesn't appear anywhere. I managed to search for it and the "download" button was gone with a message...
  8. Missing wifi for Pavilion 23 Desktop (Realtek PCLe FE Family Controller) after Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing wifi for Pavilion 23 Desktop (Realtek PCLe FE Family Controller) after Windows 10...: I have read and unsuccessfully tried numerous suggestions on various related threads. Has this issue ever been successfully resolved? [ATTACH]...
  9. Bubbles Screen Saver Desktop Background Is Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bubbles Screen Saver Desktop Background Is Missing: Hi All, I just purchased a brand new Dell Computer with windows 10 installed on it. I went to enable the bubbles screen saver and performed a test and it showed the bubbles and the desktop background both in the preview and the full screen test. When the screen saver starts...
  10. icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...

in Windows 10 Support
    icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...: I uninstalled OneDrive earlier today, and it has turned out to be a BIG mistake. There are now no icons on my desktop except the Recycle Bin, and all icons have disappeared from my task bar except for the standard Microsoft apps (volume, battery, network etc.). A couple of...