Windows 10: Desktop no longer in network

Discus and support Desktop no longer in network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys - here goes: Upgraded win7 to win10 yesterday on my desktop (free from MS). So far so good, EXCEPT - I can no longer print from my win10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jneil, Jan 31, 2016.

1. jneil Win User

Desktop no longer in network

Hi guys - here goes: Upgraded win7 to win10 yesterday on my desktop (free from MS). So far so good, EXCEPT - I can no longer print from my win10 laptop - it cannot see the printer connected to my desktop. Nor can I see my desktop in the network from my laptop, which I suppose is why I can't access the printer. It was working fine before the upgrade. I've tried checking all the network settings to allow other computers to see and share the desktop. Desktop is connected by wire to my router, while laptop is wireless to router wifi. I have good internet access on both computers. Only thing I can think of is that the two network names don't match - desktop says connected to Network 2, laptop says connected to (my name)'s Wireless. I thought of changing the name of desktop network to same as laptop, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Or maybe trying to create a new network from my desktop, but then it starts asking for an 8 digit no. off my router so I haven't pursued that any further (I don't recall ever having to do that in win7). Workgroup names are the same on both computers. Like I said, it worked before, even though the network names were different, so maybe that's not the problem, although I can't figure out what else it could be. Any ideas to help me?

Thanks.

:)

jneil, Jan 31, 2016
  2. chmoore3 Win User

server no longer shows up in my network

after upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro, my server no longer shows up in my network. why it it hidden?

chmoore3, Jan 31, 2016
  3. server no longer shows up in my network

Hi Moore,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Your Windows question is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited in the TechNet forums.

Please post your question here:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

In case of any other queries please contact us, we are glad to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Desktop no longer in network

1. Desktop no longer in network - Similar Threads - Desktop longer network

2. Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop no longer working: Help.I was installing the latest driver for W10 21H2 on my desktop PC Which was running fine but then the power went out during the instalation.Now the PC turns on but all i get is a black screen, no win logo or manufacturer logo motherboard therefore i can't access any safe...
  3. Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop no longer working: Help.I was installing the latest driver for W10 21H2 on my desktop PC Which was running fine but then the power went out during the instalation.Now the PC turns on but all i get is a black screen, no win logo or manufacturer logo motherboard therefore i can't access any safe...
  4. Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network adapters no longer working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapters no longer working: Hello, I recently accidentally bridged my ethernet port and wifi card, to fix it, I had used the network reset feature. Now neither of them show up in the network and sharing center or the network connections. They do appear in device manager, but have no drivers, I have...
  6. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  7. Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.

Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.: Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on local LAN connected via Broadband Internet Access. The computer has been formatted into two drives. My laptop is also a Dell...
  8. Open network no longer works

Open network no longer works: Prior to W10 I had a network NOT using Homegroup. Network worked who needs it? Now, I see some of my devices on the network, but when I try to share files I get a window requesting user name and password. Never used passwords before. I think Homegroup is sneaking in there,...
  9. Network Computers are no longer showing on my Windows 10 Desktop

Network Computers are no longer showing on my Windows 10 Desktop: I have a couple different servers on my home network. I have an UnRAID machine that I'm using for my NAS. I have a FreeNAS machine that I'm using as a dedicated Plex Media Server. And, I have an OpenMediaVault machine that I'm using as a dedicated music server/iTunes machine....
  10. Can no longer see this PC and other desktop in File Manager>Network

Can no longer see this PC and other desktop in File Manager>Network: I lost the icons for wired PCs on network AND my printer icons changed. In File Manager>Network I can no longer see two desktop PCs including one I am on now (both wired to network). Only PC icon that shows up is my Sony laptop connected via wireless. The two...