Windows 10: Desktop on Startup

Discus and support Desktop on Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using win10 for a year or more. When I installed it, I set it up to show the desktop like win95 XP. Now when I start up, the new Win10 Tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by atomko, Jun 3, 2016.

1. atomko Win User

Desktop on Startup

I've been using win10 for a year or more. When I installed it, I set it up to show the desktop like win95 XP.
    Now when I start up, the new Win10 Tiles appear. I don't know how to get it back.

Andy

:)

atomko, Jun 3, 2016

2. startup with desktop

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Try the below steps which will allow you to enter into the Desktop without putting Username and password.

a. Press Win key +R.

b. Type keyword “netplwiz” and hit enter.

c.On the user accounts page, uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click
    OK.

d. Restart the computer and check.

You may also try the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa replied on February 12, 2013 in the below link:

disable or remove password startup on Windows 8

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 3, 2016
  3. startup with desktop

How do I automatically go to desktop, not start screen, on startup? Thanks

Stacey Schohan, Jun 3, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Desktop on Startup

Possible you are using Tablet mode https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Jun 3, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    Hmmm....was that the issue since you marked as solved ? Always good to explain how it was fixed for others who have the same or similar issue and read these posts here to help them,TY.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop on Startup

1. Desktop on Startup - Similar Threads - Desktop Startup

2. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  3. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  4. My desktop does not boot right into windows on my first startup??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop does not boot right into windows on my first startup??: After I turn my desktop off and let it sit for an extended period of time without being used about 12 hours or so it does not boot up right into windows. All fans and rgb light up but i get a black screen on my monitor i than have to turn it off via the power button on my pc...
  5. My desktop does not boot right into windows on my first startup??

My desktop does not boot right into windows on my first startup??: After I turn my desktop off and let it sit for an extended period of time without being used about 12 hours or so it does not boot up right into windows. All fans and rgb light up but i get a black screen on my monitor i than have to turn it off via the power button on my pc...
  6. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  7. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  8. Desktop view during shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop view during shutdown and startup: I have a strange behaviour in my laptop with windows 10 and it is fairly new device.The screen have a memorized an image of desktop and keeps it during shutdown and startup. Its blurry but readable. The image refreshes every now and then depending on the programs being opened...
  9. Desktop view during shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop view during shutdown and startup: I have a strange behaviour in my laptop with windows 10 and it is fairly new device.The screen have a memorized an image of desktop and keeps it during shutdown and startup. Its blurry but readable. The image refreshes every now and then depending on the programs being opened...
  10. Desktop view during shutdown and startup