Windows 10: Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

Discus and support Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help. Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem. Let me introduce you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donblunt, Jul 31, 2018.

1. donblunt Win User

Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help.
    Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem.
    Let me introduce you to my issue.
    I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer.
    Starting with, the computer with the issue is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 with Windows 10 Pro.
    Additionally i have to mention that i cannot connect remotely, neither have physical access to computer, computer is offline though no Updates are installed.
    Below i'll mention all the steps that have been followed.
    - Windows key + P , for the Project menu. All options tried, with no result.
    - Tried to enter Safe Mode with same outcome. On Login screen only white mouse cursor appearing.
    - Tried Automatic repair with unsuccessful outcome.
    - Tried to System Restore. No restore points available.
    - Blind login first by pressing Space, CTRL and entering password. Unsuccessful result, white cursor showing.
    - Run Command prompt, the sfc scan command. Awaiting results from vessel.

I really need your experience and help on this.
    Your prompt replies are highly appreciated.

:)

donblunt, Jul 31, 2018
  2. donblunt Win User

Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help.
    Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem.
    Let me introduce you to my issue.
    I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer.
    Starting with, the computer with the issue is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 with Windows 10 Pro.
    Additionally i have to mention that i cannot connect remotely, neither have physical access to computer, computer is offline though no Updates are installed.
    Below i'll mention all the steps that have been followed.
    - Windows key + P , for the Project menu. All options tried, with no result.
    - Tried to enter Safe Mode with same outcome. On Login screen only white mouse cursor appearing.
    - Tried Automatic repair with unsuccessful outcome.
    - Tried to System Restore. No restore points available.
    - Blind login first by pressing Space, CTRL and entering password. Unsuccessful result, white cursor showing.
    - Run Command prompt, the sfc scan command. Awaiting results from vessel.

I really need your experience and help on this.
    Your prompt replies are highly appreciated.

donblunt, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor [​IMG]

Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Oct 1, 2018
  4. vgkfan83 Win User

Try This:

1. First, while the computer is off, connect an external monitor.2. Next turn on the computer and allow it to fully load.3. Once loaded, press the "Windows Key" + "P" to open the "Easy Display Switcher".4. In here select "Computer only".5. Now shut down the computer and disconnect the external monitor.5. Disconnect the external monitor6. And finally restart the computer.

vgkfan83, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor - Similar Threads - Desktop Black Screen

2. black screen with mouse cursor again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen with mouse cursor again: so i did 2 threads on this issue on 2 different windows installsevery few days my windows freezes after opening waking up from sleep mode on w11after checking event viewer i saw that "netwtw10" was absolutely spamming event viewer with errorsi will actually check for the...
  3. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  4. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  5. Black screen white cursor repair??

Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  6. Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?

Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?: Hi There, I am trying to change the color of my mouse as I am a teacher and want something that my students can easily see during online learning. I am looking at the ease of access page in settings and I only see white, inverted, and black as options. However, in many...
  7. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  8. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....
  9. black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with mouse cursor: how can I fix black screen with mouse cursor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-mouse-cursor/1bf545a7-be98-4c0f-b9b5-d3432942393e
  10. A black screen with the mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    A black screen with the mouse cursor: I tried to press F8 frequently during the start up to enter the safe mode with cmd, but seems that windows ignores my pressings. i made a bootable flash drive and wrote a command to enter the safe mode. but when it enters the windows, i can hear that welcoming tone of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen white mouse