Windows 10: Desktop picture not showing today

Discus and support Desktop picture not showing today in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow during my tweaking of win10 to match my preferred setup (so it's just like all the previous windows versions in other words), I added the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vkaryl, Nov 23, 2015.

1. vkaryl Win User

Desktop picture not showing today

Somehow during my tweaking of win10 to match my preferred setup (so it's just like all the previous windows versions in other words), I added the uber-admin account to the login screen. No clue how it got there, but it was, and it didn't need to be - I'm the only user of this machine (or any of my others) and my "normal" account has admin privs.

Yesterday, I found out (love this forum....) how to take the uber-admin account off the login screen. I did so. This morning when I started the computer, my desktop graphic/wallpaper isn't there, and resetting it in the Personalize screen (or in the Personalize classic screen) doesn't restore it.

So - once more, I have no clue about something that should be (but apparently is not) simple. Help? And thanks in advance!

:)

vkaryl, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Geom3try Win User

Desktop picture not showing

i tried changing my desktop picture but instead it will change to solid color instead of the picture i used is this a bug, please help cause this is annoying

Geom3try, Nov 23, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop picture not showing

Hi Geom3try, this happens when the current image is corrupted . . .

Open Windows file Explorer

On the view ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items'

Go to (replace UserName with your login name):

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Delete the file named TranscodedWallpaper

Restart your PC and you should then be able to set a new image as your Desktop Wallpaper

DaveM121, Nov 23, 2015
  4. vkaryl Win User

While I was waiting to see if there might be a quick answer from someone here, I went back to paging through google's bajillion links about stuff like this.... and on the off chance that it might be in the Ease of Access stuff (lot of the links on google are about that sort of issue), I went into that screen from Control Panel (instead of Settings) - and guess what.... the Remove Background Images selection was checked.

I didn't mess with that at all at any time, I never use any of those settings. Only my husband lives here with me, and he doesn't even know how to turn on the machine, much less use a mouse, so I'm pretty sure he didn't do it.

Gremlins. Hate 'em.

vkaryl, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Desktop picture not showing today - Similar Threads - Desktop picture showing

2. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop pictures: I think it would be nice if you could print the location of pictures that come up when we sign in to windows. Always different pictures and would be nice to know where the location is...
  3. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop pictures: I think it would be nice if you could print the location of pictures that come up when we sign in to windows. Always different pictures and would be nice to know where the location is...
  4. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop picture

Desktop picture: My desktop just came up black and all the windows screen colors are reversed when I click the startup button. What has happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/0b851151-48cb-425a-81d3-99915a3d0e52
  6. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  7. Desktop Pictures

Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  8. Desktop Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  9. desktop picture

desktop picture: how do i find out what my desk top picture is from, ie place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/34c62eb8-9947-49f2-bb2e-bed38f51b959
  10. Some pictures saved onto desktop not showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Some pictures saved onto desktop not showing on desktop: Hello all, need some help please. My problem: Using the Windows Snipping Tool, I save a screen shot as jpg file on my desktop. However, after saving, the jpg file does not show on desktop, although it DID in fact save it on desktop because I see it through file...