Windows 10: Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off

Discus and support Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Daily, I find that the personalisation settings have changed. I boot to a new background but then it stays fixed on the new picture. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vadek, Jan 31, 2016.

1. vadek Win User

Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off

Daily, I find that the personalisation settings have changed. I boot to a new background but then it stays fixed on the new picture. In the Personalisation settings. 'Slideshow' changes itself to 'Picture'. I set it to use the slideshow when on batteries, but that switch turns off, too. I presume this is a bug? Is there a fix of any kind? I've searched the forum but can't find any other occurrence of this.

:)

vadek, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

What causes scrambled,reversed jumps when typing?

desktop background slideshow with pick an accent colour set is causing a refresh of the active window

it is often sufficient to just turn off the accent colour

Right click on desktop

select personalize

select colours

turn off 'automatically pick an accent colour from my background'

choose a colour from the swatches available.

if that doesn't stop it turn off the slideshow

Right click on desktop

select personalize

select a picture or solid colour for background

Martmcd, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

One way that your personalisation settings can change automatically is if you use a Microsoft account for login on multiple PC's/Laptops. With Sync your settings turned on whatever you have set on one machine will be updated on the others. However, I don't know if this scenario would explain your situation.

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  5. vadek Win User
    Thanks, PhilC, but I don't. I only log in to the one Windows 10 PC using my Microsoft account. I'm still trying to identify what's happened when the settings reset themselves. No clue so far.

vadek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off - Similar Threads - Desktop picture slideshow

2. Screentime turning turning itself off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  3. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  4. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  6. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture: I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : . Can this be done? Thanks...
  7. Turn off system generated "picture collages" on windows 10 lockscreen slideshow

Turn off system generated "picture collages" on windows 10 lockscreen slideshow: The suggested fixes for this in the locked thread do not work. Does anyone have a real fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-system-generated-picture-collages-on/9ae2e892-c015-4fb1-baa5-d3aed6a154e9
  8. desktop turn on by itself

desktop turn on by itself: why is my pc turn on by itself? please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-turn-on-by-itself/446c51a6-f31e-45b4-98ab-42e73ab5c68b
  9. "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

"Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.: So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't change. The first few days I was confused, but then I realized that the option "Allow slideshow when on battery power" was...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...