Windows 10: desktop pop-ups

Discus and support desktop pop-ups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have read many reviews about desktop pop-ups, with no answers. I had to log in to my Microsoft Account about this problem. What I noticed from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StephenHi, Jul 13, 2018.

1. StephenHi Win User

desktop pop-ups

I have read many reviews about desktop pop-ups, with no answers. I had to log in to my Microsoft Account about this problem. What I noticed from the community the answer was always buy this buy that.

if Microsoft continues this way of troubleshooting problems like this to their customers, they will soon realize that "The Public is not Stupid".

and will either go Linux or Apple OS.

If Windows 10 cannot resolve this issue (without insisting to buy another third party program) That tells me it is not about the consumers but more

about Money.

I am Cisco Certified (CCNP) and have never had this problem until your recent update.

I have four computers, 1 APPLE, 1 UNIX (with a virtual drive with Linux) never had a problem with Unix or any Linux OS's. 2 computers with Windows.

one with Widows 7 pro and the other with Windows 10 pro.

MORE PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 THAN I EVER HAD WITH WINDOWS 7.

QUIT OUTSOUCING TECH SUPPORT TO OTHER COUNTRIES (WHICH NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING) LIKE THE PHILLIPHINES, INDIA AND OTHERS.

I THINK MICROSOFT IS BETRAYING CUSTOMERS BY HIRING CHEAP LABOR OVERSEAS, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEAST OF ASIA.

TO ME THAT IS A MAJOR BETRAYER OF AMERICAN VALUES, AMERICAN WORKERS, AND AMERICAN SECURITY.

I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO POP-UPS ON MY DESKTOP, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BROWSER. IT IS INTERNAL WITH THE PROPRIATARY PROPERTIES OF WINDOWS ITSELF.

I INSIST ON A ANSWER TO THIS DESKTOP POP-UP PROBLEM ASAP.

Stephen High

:)

StephenHi, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Jul 13, 2018
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 13, 2018
  4. desktop pop-ups

Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

desktop pop-ups

1. desktop pop-ups - Similar Threads - desktop pop ups

2. Desktop screen dimming like a pop-up without a pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop screen dimming like a pop-up without a pop-up?: My windows 11 computer been having a glitch where after updating, the desktop screen will dim grey like a windows pop-up but there is never any pop-up. When restarting the computer, the computer will get to the login screen normally but when loading in the screen will dim...
  3. Desktop screen dimming like a pop-up without a pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop screen dimming like a pop-up without a pop-up?: My windows 11 computer been having a glitch where after updating, the desktop screen will dim grey like a windows pop-up but there is never any pop-up. When restarting the computer, the computer will get to the login screen normally but when loading in the screen will dim...
  4. Distracting pop-up on desktop and in apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distracting pop-up on desktop and in apps: Every few seconds the sound volume indicator pops up from the middle of the task bar and disappears after a second or two. Sometimes it stays for several minutes. The Windows troubleshooter for sound cannot detect the problem. How can I get rid of it?...
  5. random icon popping up on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    random icon popping up on desktop: The last several times I have started my computer an icon has popped up on the desk top, it is visible for a few seconds and then disappears. It seems to be indicating that something isn't working or turned on as it has a diagonal line through it. It is an outline of a "up"...
  6. Calendar pop up on desktop

Calendar pop up on desktop: Hi everyone! How can I remove the calendar on my desktop? It covers the icons and apps that I am working on. There is no close or minimize button shown. [ATTACH] Please help me. I cant see things that I am working on that part. I hope someone can help me on this problem....
  7. Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop: Hi, I noticed suspicious pop-up on my desktop. Screenshot attached.[ATTACH] Can you please help me yo understand what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-pop-up-message-on-desktop/03cc7c4f-9c45-4d23-849d-37e3ee0b76ad"
  8. Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop: As you can see by the below image, an unwanted pop up occurs on my desktop occasionally. Does any one else experience this? Where does it come from and how do I stop it? [img] 136590
  9. desktop pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop pops up: I play American Truck Sim. and other games on Steam and I'm driving down the road when the desktop pops up and the game is put down on the task bar. If I click on the game icon on the task bar most of the time the game will reappear and I can continue to play. But in those...
  10. Desktop Pop Ups

Desktop Pop Ups: How do I remove pop up ads popping up on desktop, now while browsing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-pop-ups/7e7a4a58-3eab-44da-911e-51040839c9f0