Windows 10: Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.

Discus and support Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For 1 or 2 days i have this problem. I try to do anything on my keyboard but it’s just not responding. I have absolutely no idea whats going on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan2250, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Ivan2250 Win User

Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.

For 1 or 2 days i have this problem. I try to do anything on my keyboard but it’s just not responding. I have absolutely no idea whats going on and also i could not find anything helpful on the internet.

:)

Ivan2250, Jun 16, 2024
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 16, 2024
  3. FreeBooter, Jun 16, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark. - Similar Threads - Desktop Replaced Black

2. Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.: For 1 or 2 days i have this problem. I try to do anything on my keyboard but it’s just not responding. I have absolutely no idea whats going on and also i could not find anything helpful on the internet....
  3. Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Replaced By Black Screen with a “-“ mark.: For 1 or 2 days i have this problem. I try to do anything on my keyboard but it’s just not responding. I have absolutely no idea whats going on and also i could not find anything helpful on the internet....
  4. Black screen after replacing psu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen after replacing psu: Hey everybody. My computer started crashing over and over again. Narrowed it down to my psu. I replaced the psu and now everything powers up and stays running but the screen is black. I remember facing an error like this one I was building a computer awhile back and I...
  5. Round mark on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Round mark on desktop screen: Hi, I have this round mark near the top left corner of my desktop. It doesn't appear anywhere else, not in the file explorer, browser or even in the lock screen. I changed the wallpaper, but the mark has not gone away. No other issues so far. Even though it's small, it bugs...
  6. Round mark on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Round mark on desktop screen: Hi, I have this round mark near the top left corner of my desktop. It doesn't appear anywhere else, not in the file explorer, browser or even in the lock screen. I changed the wallpaper, but the mark has not gone away. No other issues so far. Even though it's small, it bugs...
  7. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen: Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive? Partition marked as SYSTEM Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I've read those posts but I'm not sure about the instructions and I...
  8. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen: Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive? Partition marked as SYSTEM Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I've read those posts but I'm not sure about the instructions and I...
  9. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

in Windows 10 Support
  10. White Screen Replaces Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Screen Replaces Desktop: About 4 weeks ago my Desktop started being replaced by a completely blank, white screen. This would happen sometimes after I turned on the computer. Within probably a minute of Desktop appearing, it would be replaced by the blank, white screen. I could do various things to...