Windows 10: Desktop replaced by start menu

Discus and support Desktop replaced by start menu in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Impysh, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Impysh Win User

Desktop replaced by start menu

Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the fullscreen start screen. I really need my desktop back. Any suggestions?

:)

Impysh, Aug 28, 2015

2. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

that did ot

BIGBERN(2), Aug 28, 2015
  3. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Desktop replaced by start menu

paulsalter, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Impysh Win User
    I knew it would be something easy like that. That was the problem. Thank you very much!

Impysh, Aug 28, 2015
  6. You're Welcome

Happy to help and glad it worked

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop replaced by start menu

1. Desktop replaced by start menu - Similar Threads - Desktop replaced start

2. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  3. Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?

Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?: Hi all, Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the "Windows Powershell" and "Windows Powershell (Admin)" options with "Windows Terminal" in the Start Menu context menu? [img] I know there's an option to toggle between Command Prompt and Powershell in the Settings...
  4. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  5. Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?: Hey! Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with icons with a third-party application? I use Windows for games only and want GOG Galaxy launcher to be my main menu submitted by /u/alien2003 [link] [comments]...
  6. start menu pinned to desktop

start menu pinned to desktop: my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-to-desktop/1d188809-d239-418c-942b-d5e4455693a5
  7. Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements: I also use Start10, here is what it look like:
  8. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  9. Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement

in Windows 10 News
    Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement: Even though Microsoft is bringing a Start menu back to Windows with Windows 10, Stardock Corp. is still planning on offering users an alternative. [img] Stardock, the company that built a Start menu replacement for Windows 8 known as Start8 , has made available a free...
  10. Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold: Not an option, but rather a new thing Paul Thurrott To date, our understanding of the new Start menu that's coming in "Threshold," the next major Windows release that may or may not be called Windows 9 when it ships next year, is that it would augment the existing Start...