Windows 10: Desktop Screen on Laptop

Discus and support Desktop Screen on Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to see a page from a tutorial that I am doing. The page in question is displayed correctly on the desktop screen at the school. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billt4g, Mar 2, 2018.

1. billt4g Win User

Desktop Screen on Laptop

I am trying to see a page from a tutorial that I am doing. The page in question is displayed correctly on the desktop screen at the school. However when I try to see it on my laptop at home, the page is incomplete. The bottom is cut off, and I cant see/press the buttons there...

Any ideas??

:)

billt4g, Mar 2, 2018

2. Windows App page always appears at the start.

What I should have said was that when I log on to the laptop instead of the desktop screen appearing I get the screen that would appear when you press the windows button on the screen.

I cannot get back to the desktop screen.

I am not at the laptop.

CharlesBrownSC, Mar 2, 2018
  3. EthanWelp Win User
    Windows 10: Launch apps on the extended screen directly

I have a laptop, and I have a desktop monitor plugged into it so that I can have more desktop space to work with. However, whenever I click on the extended monitor desktop to open a window, the window always opens on the original laptop screen, so I have
    to drag it over. I was wondering if there was any way that I could make the windows that open on the extended screen appear on the extended screen.

Original Title: extending laptop screen

EthanWelp, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Desktop Screen on Laptop

Just to be clear, the "desktop screen" at school is a different PC than your laptop, correct?

Are you using the same browser at home and at school?

PolarNettles, Mar 2, 2018
  5. billt4g Win User
    yep that's it. I have to use IE browser.
    Thanks.

billt4g, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Screen on Laptop

1. Desktop Screen on Laptop - Similar Threads - Desktop Screen Laptop

2. My DESKTOP not laptop is stuck on a ROG screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DESKTOP not laptop is stuck on a ROG screen.: For some reason after i uninstalled my nvidia graphics driver if i remember correctly my computer needed to restart since it asked me. So i did and now when i boot it up the republic of gamers logo and text appears but when the throbber appears or loading spinning circle with...
  3. My DESKTOP not laptop is stuck on a ROG screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DESKTOP not laptop is stuck on a ROG screen.: For some reason after i uninstalled my nvidia graphics driver if i remember correctly my computer needed to restart since it asked me. So i did and now when i boot it up the republic of gamers logo and text appears but when the throbber appears or loading spinning circle with...
  4. Desktop and Laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Desktop and Laptop: I have Microsoft 365 Family and is assigned to my desktop. Can I install the same program to my Laptop without creating another account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-laptop/88f06a73-f9f4-40b8-8b36-6d9d9b47de26
  5. My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop can't find desktop and black screen: Hello i need help im log on as administrator and it can't find desktop and error 0x800401E5 keeps appearing when trying to make a new folder i have been having this problem for 2 days now....
  6. Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen?: I’ve been trying to use my laptop sort of as a second monitor to keep discord open on. i heard about the projection feature and tried it out, didn’t work, tried it again, and it did work...then i hit a button on my laptop and it went away...now it won’t work again on both...
  7. Laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop and desktop: Is there a way that I can connect my laptop to my desktop not so it has 2 monitors so it has the same cloud so when I make a HTML website I can access it on both devices...
  8. The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.: I'm not sure if this should go under the topic of General Help or Customization. Since it is about personalizing I opted to post it here. I've got a Lenovo Desktop that was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 just after the release. I have a Toshiba Laptop which I upgraded from 7 to...
  9. show desktop screen on laptop wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    show desktop screen on laptop wireless: Ok here goes I have a windows 10 pro desktop but originally windows 7 so there's no miracast thing. So I'm trying to share it with my windows 8.1 laptop. Wireless. I don't want to connect through wifi since its not my internet I'm actually using. So I want to try it a...
  10. Shortcut: to keep Start on laptop screen, Desktop on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut: to keep Start on laptop screen, Desktop on Monitor: I have a Surface Book with an external monitor, the other day I made a typo and found my Start screen on my laptop's screen, and my Desktop screen on the monitor. I loved it! Apparently, Win10 has an option that forces the Start screen to remain on the laptop while...