Windows 10: Desktop sharing

Discus and support Desktop sharing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tricky263, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Tricky263 Win User

Desktop sharing

A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it?

:)

Tricky263, Aug 16, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 16, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

Desktop sharing

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Desktop sharing

1. Desktop sharing - Similar Threads - Desktop sharing

2. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  3. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  4. I want to connect my work laptop, Windows 10 with my home desktop, Windows 11 to share and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect my work laptop, Windows 10 with my home desktop, Windows 11 to share and...: I need help to connect my work laptop with my home PC so I can use dual screens. I am using a HDMI cable, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-connect-my-work-laptop-windows-10-with/bc8ef6f3-cbbe-4e5e-a7a6-e862fd448c93
  5. I want to connect my work laptop, Windows 10 with my home desktop, Windows 11 to share and...

I want to connect my work laptop, Windows 10 with my home desktop, Windows 11 to share and...: I need help to connect my work laptop with my home PC so I can use dual screens. I am using a HDMI cable, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-connect-my-work-laptop-windows-10-with/bc8ef6f3-cbbe-4e5e-a7a6-e862fd448c93
  6. My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,: The motherboard on the computer was changed and I was able to access my files because my account verification was through an email. However, my wife was unable to access her files because account verification required was through a text, but the phone was a landline. We...
  7. My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,

My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,: The motherboard on the computer was changed and I was able to access my files because my account verification was through an email. However, my wife was unable to access her files because account verification required was through a text, but the phone was a landline. We...
  8. when i try to share window 11 hp laptops from window 10 desktop computers ,"window could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to share window 11 hp laptops from window 10 desktop computers ,"window could...: this error is coming repeatdly.so please give a suitable response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-share-window-11-hp-laptops-from/544fd1d0-ccaa-4d41-b0b8-7392f4a7f47f
  9. when i try to share window 11 hp laptops from window 10 desktop computers ,"window could...

when i try to share window 11 hp laptops from window 10 desktop computers ,"window could...: this error is coming repeatdly.so please give a suitable response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-share-window-11-hp-laptops-from/544fd1d0-ccaa-4d41-b0b8-7392f4a7f47f
  10. computer restarted itself and now all desktop files are suddenly shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer restarted itself and now all desktop files are suddenly shared: my computer randomly black screened and then restarted itself, and once it booted back up all icons on my desktop have the "shared" icon the two little people in the bottom left. what could have happened here?...