Windows 10: Desktop shortcut to the new Action Center

Discus and support Desktop shortcut to the new Action Center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Oi! I've been wondering, on how to remap my menu button on my keyboard to show the Action Center introduced in Windows 10. I found nice programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wzor, Aug 28, 2015.

1. wzor Win User

Desktop shortcut to the new Action Center

Oi! I've been wondering, on how to remap my menu button on my keyboard to show the Action Center introduced in Windows 10. I found nice programs that would work IF i had a desktop shortcut that toggles the Action Center. Unfourtunatly all I found is this but it's for the old-fashioned Action Center. Is it even possible? Knowing Windows nature, it should be...

:)

2. Latest fall creator update resulted in loss of start menu, of action center, and of Cortana. Troubleshooter for update problems is unable to fix them.

For Robert Aldwinckle:

What are you seeing exactly?

I see my desktop with shortcuts and my taskbar. The taskbar has my usual shortcuts on it and I can add additional shortcuts to it and to the desktop. On the taskbar I see the Action Center icon on right but pressing it does not open the AC. Swiping in from
    right does not open it. I see the keyboard icon on the right but it does not work and I am using the floating keyboard from control panel instead (created a shortcut for it).

Generally the icons on right of taskbar after Links icon do not work, i.e., People, Battery, Speaker, Ink, Keyboard, Action Center (the Desktop and Links icons do work). On the left on Taskbar the magnifier icon for Cortana does nothing. the Window Start
    icon does nothing, does not open Start menu ( in any mode), the Task View icon works and my shortcuts icons after that work.

So I am stuck in Desktop mode, the traditional Windows environment.

HansSeehase, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Michel_ Win User
    Action Center OneNote (Note button) not launching.

To have the Action Center Note button
    launch OneNote desktop, enter onenote:<full_link_to_the_page>
    in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote, then log out and log in again.

NB : Right-click on the page of your choice to get the full link to it, then copy-paste the second line only (the first one would open OneNote online).

If someone finds a way to launch a New Quick Note or Sticky Notes from the Action Center, please share!

PS1: Redirecting the Action Center Note button to the desktop version of OneNote is useful for tablet usage only. For keyboard/mouse, the Win-N key shortcut does it by default.

PS2: You can also create Taskbar shortcuts to launch OneNote exactly the way you want.

E.g. To launch a docked note of your choice with one single click, create a shortcut
    to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\ONENOTE.EXE" /docked /hyperlink "<full_link_to_the_page>"
    then drag-drop it to the Taskbar. NB: In this case, use the second link starting with OneNote: (the web one).

Credit - Thanks to mahicks83 who provided the link to the solution below (Modifying the Action Center: Note button)

Michel_, Aug 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Desktop shortcut to the new Action Center - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut Action

2. Windows 10 Notification/ Action center desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification/ Action center desktop shortcut: Hello, I'm trying to find the command line in order to open Windows 10 action Center in order to bind the "Menu" key to the action/ notification center. I couldn't find neither Win+A key code in order to switch it in sharpkeys. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks 161646
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  4. Shortcut to action center is not available

Shortcut to action center is not available: like thisI can't operate any buttonsHow to solve it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-action-center-is-not-available/f15a8b23-1e69-4562-8c7b-566763deb216
  5. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  6. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  7. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  8. Windows 10 Action Center Note Shortcut Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Action Center Note Shortcut Default: I need to change the app that the note button in the Action Center opens on Windows 10 to a different app. Thank you for any help! 65943
  9. Shortcut to Win 10 Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Win 10 Action Center: Looking for the syntax to create a shortcut to open the new Win 10 Action Center (Winkey+A). Thanks 24838
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593