Desktop shortcut with a path to"AppData" loses it's icon.

Discus and support Desktop shortcut with a path to"AppData" loses it's icon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; path: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\ For some reason any Desktop shortcut with a path to"AppData" loses it's icon. The first shortcut looks correct,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sadicus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. sadicus Win User

path: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\
    For some reason any Desktop shortcut with a path to"AppData" loses it's icon.
    The first shortcut looks correct, but after a restart, it becomes blank even with: Properties> Change icon.

:)

sadicus, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Vanessa Yar Win User

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 31, 2018
  3. mik-dav 1500 Win User
    Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Regile Reb Win User

How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop shortcut with a path to"AppData" loses it's icon. - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut path

2. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  3. where did the battery icon go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where did the battery icon go?: where did the battery life icon go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/where-did-the-battery-icon-go/cdfe66f4-e4b2-426e-b8e1-208ffb4f1679
  4. Bug where uninstalled programs aren't removed from tray icon list.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug where uninstalled programs aren't removed from tray icon list.: If you right-click the taskbar > taskbar settings > taskbar > select which icons appear on the taskbar - there are uninstalled programs still listed. How do you remove them from this list? 116122
  5. how to clear taskbar tray icon list?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to clear taskbar tray icon list?: Windows 10 Pro 1709 How does one edit or clear this list? I executed the "portable" version of Ultimate Windows Tweaker ONE time and chose not to use it. Thank you, 116118
  6. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  7. Desktop sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop sharing: A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/desktop-sharing/ccf0a438-997a-47e8-b95a-2c06dfd33e75"
  8. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  9. some task bar icons have no graphic

in Windows 10 Customization
    some task bar icons have no graphic: I'm running current W10 on a new PC A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black hole with no graphic. In particular, Edge and Settings. Anything I can do?...
  10. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....