Windows 10: Desktop stops working once I right click.

Discus and support Desktop stops working once I right click. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I right click on the desktop (not on an icon) my mouse pointer starts the loading wheel and i can no longer left click or right click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LinesLies, Aug 3, 2018.

1. LinesLies Win User

Desktop stops working once I right click.

Whenever I right click on the desktop (not on an icon) my mouse pointer starts the loading wheel and i can no longer left click or right click on the desktop. I can fix this by restarting windows explorer in task manager but then the next time I right click it breaks again. This is a new pc so im not sure if it was burned wrong or if it is a problem with windows.

:)

LinesLies, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 made my desktop stop working

Hi Desmond,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issues regarding your computer desktop. Let me help you resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Desktop stops working once I right click.

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Desktop stops working once I right click.

1. Desktop stops working once I right click. - Similar Threads - Desktop stops working

2. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  3. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  4. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  5. Desktop Right Click not working

6. right click stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  7. (ORION) RIGHT-CLICK Menu Stopped Working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    (ORION) RIGHT-CLICK Menu Stopped Working on Desktop: Hey guys.. sorry to bother you all again.. But for some odd-reason, after Buying "StarDock Fences Software" 12 Hours later.. the Right Click Menu stopped working.. I read a recommendation somewhere,.. where running "Disc Cleanup" and doing a "sfc /scannow" would fix...
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.: I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this? 16837

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop stops responding after right click

2. desktop stops working when rightclicked

3. desktop stops working when i right click

4. desktop stops working on right click