Windows 10: Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer

Discus and support Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I ran a Kaspersky full scan and then an MBAM threat scan on my desktop with my ethernet jack unplugged. (My ethernet was plugged in before I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by leftisthominid, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer

I ran a Kaspersky full scan and then an MBAM threat scan on my desktop with my ethernet jack unplugged. (My ethernet was plugged in before I started the scans). Both scans were clean.
    Afterwards, I began to shutdown the computer.
    It's been like 15 minutes now, and my computer is stuck saying "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer."
    This desktop already has the anniversary update.

:)

leftisthominid, Aug 29, 2016
  2. annierawr Win User

LOOP

My computer is stuck on "Getting windows ready" Don't turn off computer. When I turned it off and on it does the same thing. Before I restarted from the desktop it told me to restart for the windows update, now I cannot get back to the desktop.

annierawr, Aug 29, 2016
  3. justme103 Win User
    Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Trying this solution.....Computer stuck on "Getting windows ready Don't turn off your computer" now. :-(

justme103, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer

1. Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer - Similar Threads - Desktop stuck Getting

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  6. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  7. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.

"Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.: Hi! I tried to restart my pc because it doesn't open file explorer properly. It's slow. The "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" appears and does not seem to be moving. There's no circle animation. I suppose it's updating since I can see the hard disk LED and...
  9. Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.

Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.: I was prompted by the following news to update my Windows 10:https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/microsoft-issues-urgent-security-warning-update-your-pc-immediately-1.5499896 One of my laptops updated without problems. The other kept searching for updates, but there was no WiFi...
  10. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".

Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".: My laptop just got a reset because I was facing problems with the Optane Memory module. The module is now changed so I don't think there's a problem due to that. Due to the reset, I had to get all the updates, apps and software I had previously. I installed some Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kaspersky restart computer says getting windows ready for 5 minutes