Windows 10: Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

Discus and support Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gout, Aug 1, 2015.

1. gout Win User

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

Hi all
    Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices.

Regards Josh

:)

gout, Aug 1, 2015
  2. mrsdunn Win User

Sync apps on across multiple devices

I recently started using the Windows 10 app for calendar, mail and people. I use multiple devices (2 laptops and a tablet). Is there a way to sync the changes I do on one device to another. For example: I added an account on one device, do I have to
    do it for all three. I made some changes to the calendar do I have to make those changes on all devices for that to show up. I made some event show as free instead of tentative, but when I go to another device it still shows as tentative.

mrsdunn, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Sync apps on across multiple devices

Hi Dunn,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while syncing Windows Mail and Calendar apps on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

When sync is turned on, Windows keeps track of the settings you care about and sets them for you on all your Windows 10 devices. For syncing to work, you need to sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account (or link your Microsoft account to your work
    or school account) on any device you want to keep in sync. Here's how:

1. Open the Start Menu and select Settings.

2. Click on Accounts category in the expanded Settings Window.

3. On the right fringe, select Sync your Settings and switch the toggle to
    ON.

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) [​IMG]

If issue persists, try the troubleshooting procedures in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

Resolve sync issues in Mail
    and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Please post back with the status of Sync issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

certain things will sync between devices, start screen used to be one that did in 8, start menu syncing was removed from 10 and I don't think desktop icons have ever synced

colours/settings etc should still sync, my settings still sync between 10 and 8.1

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

1. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) - Similar Threads - Desktop syncing across

2. Syncing Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  3. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  4. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  5. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  6. Syncing across two MS accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing across two MS accounts?: HiI seem to have this situation. I've got Collections on my personal MS account - but they're all my business-related items, not my personal ones. I've got a different set of Collections on my work MS365 Business account - but they're all personal items that should be on the...
  7. HELP PLEASE! MS Office, Sync to multiple devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP PLEASE! MS Office, Sync to multiple devices: Hi all. Recently had a falling out with a family member whom I was sharing an office account with ((maybe 365 in not sure)) and I want to break ties with that whole situation So I want to uninstall the office and buy my own license as well as share functions between my pc ,...
  8. Syncing changes across devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing changes across devices?: I have a laptop and a PC that I use for different things, and both are configured in quite a number of ways. Of course I sync my personal files over GDrive, but I was wondering if there are ways to sync changes that Windows doesn't automatically. I am thinking of something...
  9. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices: My company recently switched from Syncplicity to OneDrive. Syncplicity would synchronize my desktops across multiple devices so if I added/modified a file located on Desktop A, it would sync and be added/modified on Desktop B. I would like to know if OneDrive can do this and...
  10. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...