Windows 10: Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

Discus and support Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gout, Aug 1, 2015.

1. gout Win User

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

Hi all
    Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices.

Regards Josh

:)

gout, Aug 1, 2015
  2. mrsdunn Win User

Sync apps on across multiple devices

I recently started using the Windows 10 app for calendar, mail and people. I use multiple devices (2 laptops and a tablet). Is there a way to sync the changes I do on one device to another. For example: I added an account on one device, do I have to
    do it for all three. I made some changes to the calendar do I have to make those changes on all devices for that to show up. I made some event show as free instead of tentative, but when I go to another device it still shows as tentative.

mrsdunn, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Sync apps on across multiple devices

Hi Dunn,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while syncing Windows Mail and Calendar apps on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

When sync is turned on, Windows keeps track of the settings you care about and sets them for you on all your Windows 10 devices. For syncing to work, you need to sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account (or link your Microsoft account to your work
    or school account) on any device you want to keep in sync. Here's how:

1. Open the Start Menu and select Settings.

2. Click on Accounts category in the expanded Settings Window.

3. On the right fringe, select Sync your Settings and switch the toggle to
    ON.

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) [​IMG]

If issue persists, try the troubleshooting procedures in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

Resolve sync issues in Mail
    and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Please post back with the status of Sync issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

certain things will sync between devices, start screen used to be one that did in 8, start menu syncing was removed from 10 and I don't think desktop icons have ever synced

colours/settings etc should still sync, my settings still sync between 10 and 8.1

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

1. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based) - Similar Threads - Desktop syncing across

2. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  3. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  4. Windows shouldn't be syncing across work and personal devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows shouldn't be syncing across work and personal devices: I started work at a place last year as IT Manager and was assigned a new Win10 Home laptop to use for work. I sign onto the laptop using a local account, and I access all work-related Microsoft Office applications using my work email, which has its own Microsoft Office...
  5. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  6. How to sync outlook across my devices specifically my iphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sync outlook across my devices specifically my iphone: How to sync outlook across my devices specifically my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-sync-outlook-across-my-devices-specifically/8728eaf1-59f9-4701-be49-4ce63acd01d8
  7. Windows 10 propagates mouse settings across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 propagates mouse settings across multiple devices: OK, I came across some really bizarre behavior... which telegraphs that Microsoft is doing a lot more behind the scenes than I had thought. Apparently Microsoft captures at least some or all of your computer configuration settings associated with your account. When you log...
  8. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper not syncing across computers: Hi, I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct? Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300...
  9. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Account Sync Across Devices: Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both...
  10. Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?: I use w10 on 3 devices, a mid range gaming PC, linx7 tablet, and lumia640. On the whole the experience is pretty good, syncing works well, reminders, alarms, contacts etc. This was one of the reasons I opted for android early, using chrome on a PC gave a similar, yet skimmed...