Windows 10: Desktop too large for screen

Discus and support Desktop too large for screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just bought a NUC PC and started setting it up as a Media PC. However, the desktop and any other screens are two wide and to high to fit in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ErickTreetops, May 21, 2016.

1. Desktop too large for screen

I've just bought a NUC PC and started setting it up as a Media PC. However, the desktop and any other screens are two wide and to high to fit in the monitor. The Monitor is my SAMSung TV.
    The Windows start icon is too far to the right, the bottom task bar only shows 50% of it's hieght and the recycling bin is just visible of the top left corner.

The resolution is 1920 × 1080 as set by the graphics card. The card can handle 4k according to the specs , so i'm not pushing it.
    This is the correct resolution for the tv because i already have my own Home theater PC plugged in through the HDM2 source and the HDMI 3 source is an xbox. All at this have a resolution
    920 × 1080 and all working fine.

I've used the intel driver utility and upgraded all drivers to the latest.
    There appears to be no fine adjustment on the graphics card to fix this issue.
    Can any one assist.

Erick

:)

ErickTreetops, May 21, 2016
  2. Ratandeep Win User

Desktop background too large to fit on the screen

Hello Gloria,

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I also realize the inconvenience you are experiencing due to desktop background issue. I will certainly help you.

This issue may occur due to incorrect display personalization settings.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check.

a. Right click on the desktop and click personalize.

b. Click background.

c. In choose a fit drop down box, select ‎Fill.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, May 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 printer screen is too large and one can not scroll down to the print button. Microsoft support tried to fix today and now my entire destop and screen are cut off at eachend and have

Windows 10 - when I go to print, one can not scroll down to the print button. The screen for printing selection is too large. Microsoft support tried to fix today and now my entire desktop are too large and screen is cut off at each end.

BH

bonniehorner, May 21, 2016
  4. Desktop too large for screen

I had a similar issue on one of my TV's. I had to go to the NVidia control panel and adjust the size to fit my TV. In my case it was just slightly to big. The top of the taskbar was only just visible. Same for the title bar with the close X on it.

alphanumeric, May 21, 2016
  5. Okay the way to fix that is a once you have your laptop connected to your TV you open up your video card on your PC and you go to the options to adjust settings in advance if you see one that says custom settings at that point you're laughing if you don't then the way I went around it I have to set resolution like an 800x600 TV looked terrible then I looked again in the card settings and I found the custom settings I clicked on the custom settings place them back to a higher standards like 1900 by whatever you will notice once you open the custom settings you will see two sliders you need to bringing them both to about 50% back then apply in your screen should fit open works for you and please come back and let us know

gijoetech1, May 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    You need to set the resolution to match the Native resolution of the TV. Also make sure that the TV is not set in a Zoom Mode. It should just be set for 16:9 and Normal.

bro67, May 21, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    The control panel also has to have Overscan disabled on some tv's if I recall.

Alpha are you on the raspberry Pi forum? I saw a username the same as yours and was just curious.

bro67, May 21, 2016
  8. Desktop too large for screen

Yes, I use the same username there, that's me.

9. bro67 Win User
    I figured that. Nice to be able to have someone over there that I know.

bro67, May 21, 2016
  10. Even with it set correctly to 1080p, its slightly too large on one of my TV's. Might be overscan, not sure? I just resize the image to fit in the NVidia control panel.

11. bro23?

12. OK so I'm unsure of what you mean by open your video card. Do you mean open the display adapter in devices? Open the Intel HD Graphics Control panel or Control Panel /Appearance and Personalisation /display or System Display screen. All allow you to change your resolution.

Can you be more explicit in your instructions

ErickTreetops, May 22, 2016
  13. Desktop too large for screen

As I mentioned the native resolution is 1920 x1080 60hz which is what the nuc graphics is set to. It is also what the other two devices , Xbox one and HTPC running windows 10 are set to.

14. NUC does not have an nvidia control panel. My HTPC does and it works fine but the next has inbuilt Intel graphics chip with an Intel HD control panel . If it has a calibration for size then I am unable to find it. can you offer more instructions

15. Intel HD Graphics Control panel I would think? I don't have anything with Intel graphics so I can't help you with that. I have no idea what the menus look like.

alphanumeric, May 22, 2016
Thema:

Desktop too large for screen

1. Desktop too large for screen - Similar Threads - Desktop too large

2. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display screen too large: Display suddenly became large. Checked resolution, at recommended setting. Uninstalled driver adapter. Still too large https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-too-large/5aa4ac24-6099-4774-99c2-07c08f15fff9
  3. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display screen too large: Display suddenly became large. Checked resolution, at recommended setting. Uninstalled driver adapter. Still too large https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-too-large/5aa4ac24-6099-4774-99c2-07c08f15fff9
  4. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display Too Large For Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Too Large For Screen: Hello everyone. I have a Dell Desktop Inspiron 3891, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 8 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home, on board IntelR UHD Graphics 630.The desktop is connected to a 50 inch Insignia TV with an HDMI cable. The...
  6. Display Too Large For Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Too Large For Screen: Hello everyone. I have a Dell Desktop Inspiron 3891, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 8 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home, on board IntelR UHD Graphics 630.The desktop is connected to a 50 inch Insignia TV with an HDMI cable. The...
  7. The screen is too large.

The screen is too large.: My screen is too large all of a sudden. I tried reducing to 80% but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know how it got this way, unless it was one of the upgrades from HP. HELP....
  8. Everything too large on screen

Everything too large on screen: I have adjusted screen resolution, display settings and everything I know to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-too-large-on-screen/50b56c32-0f20-473a-b91b-84326904c761
  9. Everything too large on screen

Everything too large on screen: I have tried everything and I cannot fix this. Everything too large on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-too-large-on-screen/4a34236a-ded6-43a1-9b30-616e962b781c
  10. display too large for my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display too large for my screen: my windows display does not fit into my screen size it is too large & I cannot access the start button or the toolbar properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large-for-my-screen/ecd5bdc7-b48f-4bae-a3cf-df7004becee7