Windows 10: Desktop Unavailable

Discus and support Desktop Unavailable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I restarted my Windows10 laptop to factory last night. After it finished I can signin. I have a stock wallpaper. I have a dialogue box saying something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by codycurry, Jul 9, 2018.

1. codycurry Win User

Desktop Unavailable

I restarted my Windows10 laptop to factory last night. After it finished I can signin. I have a stock wallpaper. I have a dialogue box saying something about the desktop is unavailable, and an unresponsive taskbar. What went wrong? How do I fix it (for free Ofcource). I paid $350 plus tax for this computer. 2cents is too much to pay for a failing computer. Please fix you mess up.

:)

codycurry, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 9, 2018
  3. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 10

Hello Vik,

This C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can follow these simple steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile and check if it has the
      Desktop folder there.
    • If the Desktop folder does not exist, then create a new folder and rename it as
      Desktop or copy it from C:\users\Default\Desktop.

Note: By default, C:\Users\Default is hidden. To unhide click on the View tab and check the
    Hidden Items box.

After you have created the folder, it is required that you give full permission to the folder. You can follow these steps to give full permission:

• Right click on the folder, select Properties then click on the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit.
    • On the Permissions for Desktop window, select Everyone and then click on
      Add.
    • In the Enter the object names to select dialog box, type
      Everyone
      and click on Check Names.
    • Click OK.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Desktop Unavailable

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Unavailable

1. Desktop Unavailable - Similar Threads - Desktop Unavailable

2. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  3. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  4. for my printer HP Desktop F4500 series computer says driver unavailable. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for my printer HP Desktop F4500 series computer says driver unavailable. What to do?: What to do without cost}. Printer wont print HP Desktop F4500 series } Computer says driver unavailable, Can you help me? Printer has been disconnected for a year but want to use it again,...
  5. for my printer HP Desktop F4500 series computer says driver unavailable. What to do?

for my printer HP Desktop F4500 series computer says driver unavailable. What to do?: What to do without cost}. Printer wont print HP Desktop F4500 series } Computer says driver unavailable, Can you help me? Printer has been disconnected for a year but want to use it again,...
  6. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...: I have tried everything to make my desktop reappear, it's missing in W10. I have executed the scan command, nothing happened. Tried to copy the desktop icon to the C:\windows\system32\config\ systemprofile, restarted the PC, still nothing appeared. Tried to change the...
  7. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...: I have tried everything to make my desktop reappear, it's missing in W10. I have executed the scan command, nothing happened. Tried to copy the desktop icon to the C:\windows\system32\config\ systemprofile, restarted the PC, still nothing appeared. Tried to change the...
  8. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11

C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11: I updated windows 10 to 11 I went to start session with the user I have and I get this error. C:windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop I have restarted the PC in safe mode does not let me create folders or the Desktop or anything. when I restart it keeps coming out I don't...
  10. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11: I updated windows 10 to 11 I went to start session with the user I have and I get this error. C:windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop I have restarted the PC in safe mode does not let me create folders or the Desktop or anything. when I restart it keeps coming out I don't...