Windows 10: Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM

Discus and support Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So recently I installed an additional 16GB of RAM in my pc and everything was runnning fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed all the programs I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Glenn1200, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Glenn1200 Win User

Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM

So recently I installed an additional 16GB of RAM in my pc and everything was runnning fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed all the programs I use etc.
    Now my pc was always using around 30% of the ram, however it soon became 60% and now it is using 99% from startup.

Here are some steps I already performed with the results from those steps:

• I ran a virus scan, with nothing showing up
    • I checked my startup programs, nothing wrong with it in my eyes
    • I ran sfc /scannow which showed up with nothing aswell
    • I ran Kasperky AntiRootKit, nothing showed up
    • I ran Malwarebytes which showed up clean
    • I ran SuperAntiSpyware professional, nothing showed up(except some cookies which are deleted now
    • I ran WPR -cancel in CMD, No trace profiles running

The programs that start when my PC boots are:

Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM [​IMG]

I hope anyone of you can help me find a solution to this. I know windows10 leverages memory better than windows 7, but it shouldnt be 100% use even when idle.

Here is a screenshot of my resource monitor:

Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM [​IMG]

:)

Glenn1200, Feb 24, 2017
  2. ORVILLEM Win User

Windows 10 shows only 16gb of RAM usuable of 24GB

I had windows 7 pro running with 24GB of RAM. Since I installed to Windows 10 it shows

installed RAM 24GB (16GB Available). Why is Windows 10 not using all the RAM.

I run After Effects CC and Premier Pro CC and that was the reason I upgraded to 24GB over 2years ago.

ORVILLEM, Feb 24, 2017
  3. ORVILLEM Win User
    Windows 10 shows Installed RAM 24GB (16GB usable)

I've upgraded from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional. I purchased the PC with Windows 7 Home Premium but later updated to Windows 7 Professional. When I was using Windows 7 Pro the system recognized and used the 24GB RAM I've installed. Since
    upgrading to Windows 10 Pro it shows that only 16GB RAM is usuable of the 24GB installed. I've tried using the msconfig option and it shows maximum memory to be 24GB.

I need help.

ORVILLEM, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Glenn1200 Win User

So this time I rebooted my pc after all of these steps:

• I ran a virus scan, with nothing showing up
    • I checked my startup programs, nothing wrong with it in my eyes
    • I ran sfc /scannow which showed up with nothing aswell
    • I ran Kasperky AntiRootKit, nothing showed up
    • I ran Malwarebytes which showed up clean
    • I ran SuperAntiSpyware professional, nothing showed up(except some cookies which are deleted now
    • I ran WPR -cancel in CMD, No trace profiles running
    And one of them fixed is, as I now booted with 1.9GB in use, which climbed to 3.8gb when all programs were started(Chrome, Razer Synaps etc etc)

Will update if pc keeps up this boot cycle and I will leave my pc on for tonight and post the results tomorrow.

Glenn1200, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Devilz Win User
    Disable every program and see if it helps. Look at the picture you posted and almost every program has high start-up impact

Devilz, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Glenn1200 Win User
    I guess it is solved already since nothing else showed up. Ram is fine since i did those steps so yeah..

Glenn1200, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM - Similar Threads - Desktop using 24GB

2. high page faults in thousands i have 24gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high page faults in thousands i have 24gb of ram: hello please help me my page faults are in the thousands and all my programs seem to be the cause discord is about 40%-80% faults on average and other programs usually taking the rest of the faults combined this image was taken about 2-4 minutes after i started discord...
  3. windows 10 doesnt allow programs to use more than 24gb of ram why ?

windows 10 doesnt allow programs to use more than 24gb of ram why ?: when i run 3ds max and i do simulation in it using phoenix fd when the ram usage hit 24gb , 3ds max crash and same with houdini fx , why i cant use more than 75% of ram capacity ? my laptop specs: i7 7700hq 32gb ddr4 2666Mhz gtx1060 6gb . [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Latest update issues.. (9/23)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update issues.. (9/23): Hey all, So, after the recent major update my programs have been acting super weird. It is taking way longer to load. For instance, after every time I launch Firefox about 30 seconds into it opening it will suddenly go through a 30 second period of "not responding". Zoom,...
  5. i inserted new RAM [32GB] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM mal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i inserted new RAM [32GB] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM mal: i inserted new RAM [32GB DDR2 used chips ECC] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM malfunction????? on boot i get error slot 2...well? [img] [img] [img] 156989
  6. i inserted new RAM but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB

i inserted new RAM but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB: i inserted new RAM [32GB DDR2 used chips ECC] but rather 32GB shows usable 24GB is RAM malfunction????? on booting appears error slot 2...well? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Can I mix 2x4GB ram with 2x8GB ram for a total of 24GB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I mix 2x4GB ram with 2x8GB ram for a total of 24GB?: I currently have 2x4GB DDR3 ram @1600MHz and I'm planning to insert 2x8GB DDR3 advertised as 1866MHz, but pretty sure it's actually 1600 being capable of 1866 using X.M.P. Will I be fine using both of these types and running both on 1866MHz using X.M.P?...
  8. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used: Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213
  9. Taskhostw.exe uses 24GB of RAM and freezes/crashes my PC

Taskhostw.exe uses 24GB of RAM and freezes/crashes my PC: First off: Windows 10 Professional build 17134 Intel i5-6500 3.2GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM MSI GeForce GTX1070 8GB So for the past two weeks I've been having problems with my Windows 10 Pro machine: Applications will start to give errors, usually memory related Chrome won't work...
  10. Taskhostw.exe uses 24GB of RAM and freezes/crashed my PC

Taskhostw.exe uses 24GB of RAM and freezes/crashed my PC: First off: Windows 10 Professional build 17134 Intel i5-6500 3.2GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM MSI GeForce GTX1070 8GB So for the past two weeks I've been having problems with my Windows 10 Pro machine: Applications will start to give errors, usually memory related Chrome won't work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i installed 24 gb and it say 23.9 is in usable