Windows 10: Desktop vanished

Discus and support Desktop vanished in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Following updates yesterday the desktop has become unusable. I can't even right or left click on it when I select it. Also I am unable to minimise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carolineberry2, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Desktop vanished

Hi

Following updates yesterday the desktop has become unusable. I can't even right or left click on it when I select it. Also I am unable to minimise windows and if I have two files from the same program open (eg excel) it won't let me select the second file.

I don't seem to have the option to rollback the update (in setting) and I can't see in the list in settings which individual update it is I should uninstall.

Any help would be fantastic as my laptop is not fit for purpose at the moment.

Thanks

Caroline

:)

carolineberry2, Jul 19, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Desktop Icons vanished

To : DrAS,

Just to elaborate what Berton has told you..........that you are on Tablet Mode.
    If it is what Berton has suggested, you can have your desktop back. Follow steps below................
    Bottom right next to Time, there is a notification icon > click it > click Tablet mode.
    You should have your desktop back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Desktop vanished [​IMG]

davidhk, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Toothless Win User
    Vanishing wireless card!

Then I may have to get one. Any suggestions on a specific card?

Do note that this "vanishing card" has NEVER happened before until I got my netbook back up and running about 6-8 months of no usage.

Toothless, Jul 19, 2018
  4. DrAS Win User

Desktop vanished

Desktop Icons vanished

Good evening

As of today without my apparent intervention:

1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop)
    2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar)
    3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc)

Is this an 'update' or have I carelessly altered something?

Many thanks

Thema:

Desktop vanished

1. Desktop vanished - Similar Threads - Desktop vanished

2. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  3. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  4. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?: Freshly installed Win11 22H2 on my 3600/b450/1060gtx machine. For some reason Windows didn't install any update whatsoever during its installation. Before using windows update, I decided to manually install the latest driver for every component. To prevent any conflicts i...
  6. New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?: Freshly installed Win11 22H2 on my 3600/b450/1060gtx machine. For some reason Windows didn't install any update whatsoever during its installation. Before using windows update, I decided to manually install the latest driver for every component. To prevent any conflicts i...
  7. My desktop icons just vanished i can only see the names of the apps

My desktop icons just vanished i can only see the names of the apps: and i can't view properties from right click or anywhere else i think that may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-just-vanished-i-can-only-see-the/0a31b432-6454-4801-916b-93f318c085dc
  8. Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished: I was trying to play around trying to change the target location of the desktop. Somehow, now I have ended up with two Desktop shortcuts on the Sidebar with the Downloads shortcut vanished. My question is, how do I remove one of these Desktop shortcuts, and how do I add the...
  9. how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?

how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?: icons on the bottom have disappeared and I would like to get them back as this task view option is waste of time. and the icons work better and more efficiently....
  10. On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish

in Windows 10 Support
    On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish: My Windows 10 Version has apparently been changed from V 2004 (OS build 19041.572 to 0S BUILD 19041.630) Leaving me with a Desktop cleared of my Filing system for my decades of document Folders in my Face so to speak. What's Happened? Has any body else had this problem. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone desktop vanished