Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikecox, Nov 18, 2017.

1. mikecox Win User

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper.

:)

mikecox, Nov 18, 2017

2. [Off] Windows 10 it's like windows 98, and that's cool.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To get a desktop background (wallpaper) click Get it now, right-click the image, and then click
    Set as background. You can also use a desktop background as your lock screen, or your Start screen background.

Refer:

Desktop backgrounds

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 18, 2017
  3. HOW DO I CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT PICTURE WITHIN A THEME IN WINDOWS 10?

Right-click on the Desktop, click "Next Desktop Background". This option appears if Desktop Slideshow is enabled. If Desktop Slideshow isn't enabled, open the classic Background page by typing the following command in Run (WinKey + R) dialog:

control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

(thanks, zach)

Select the wallpaper, and click Save changes.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Right click on a blank area of your desktop. Select Personalize and then choose Colors. Scroll down a little bit to find Transparency Effects. Swap that slider to Off.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 18, 2017
  5. mikecox Win User
    Awesome! Thanks!

mikecox, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, but then you kill the 'Fluent Design'!!! *What*chuckle

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
  7. mikecox Win User
    Huh? *Confused

mikecox, Nov 18, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

All the transparency and flowing animations:

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
  9. mikecox Win User
    But what are "flowing animations"? As far as I know, I don't use them, or do I?

mikecox, Nov 19, 2017
  10. If you aren't sure what it is, you most likely will not realize it is missing. There are design aspects in Windows 10 that will be disabled by swapping that slider to Off. A small price to pay if you want solid color menus.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 19, 2017
  11. Hopachi Win User
    Indeed.
    Those fancy extras are barely missed once you get used with snappy-fast UI without animations.

I believe the effect in Edwin's screenshot is when the mouse hovers over the calendar, you see that grid following around the moving pointer.

Hopachi, Nov 19, 2017
  12. mikecox Win User
    Thanks. I kinda thought that was the case. Animations are cute but they do tend to use up resources and slow things down, which is why I don't, consciously, enable them.

mikecox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper appears

2. Desktop background or Wallpaper not showing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop background or Wallpaper not showing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Desktop is the home of our PC and the wallpaper sets its mood. We have the option to customize or change it as per our taste. We can use our own pictures as well as the default ones. Some users are complaining that the desktop background or wallpaper on their PC has...
  3. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  4. Wallpaper/Background not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper/Background not working: Background is black. Computer momentarily shows pops up picture between tasks and as background in the Task View. Peace...
  5. Where are desktop backgrounds (wallpapers) stored in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are desktop backgrounds (wallpapers) stored in Windows 10?: The Windows 10 operating system comes with a set of wallpapers and the ability to refresh wallpapers regularly from a pool of images. The following guide provides users of Windows 10 with instructions on finding these wallpapers on the local system. Let's say you want to use...
  6. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper: Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the...
  7. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...
  8. Background wallpaper

Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  9. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  10. How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?

How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?: I used to be able to do this in Windows 7. Basically if my desktop photo doesn't fill the screen, there's a color that fills the rest of it. I can't see anywhere to change this color to just black. I can change the whole screen to grey, or have my image cover the entire...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop wallpaper that appears on windows 10