Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, thanks for clicking my thread. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, brand new with Intel HD Graphics 5000. I used the Intel Driver Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sjowens1022, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10

Hi all, thanks for clicking my thread.

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, brand new with Intel HD Graphics 5000. I used the Intel Driver Update Utility, and it indicates that no drivers are available for my product, though I did notice that my current display adapter driver version (20.19.15.4331, 11/18/2015) is not one of the 4 listed in the sticky on this forum.

There is a peculiar problem with the display. Right when I booted up the device for the first time, I got one of those "Display drivers stopped working but recovered" error messages, and then I noticed some flickering horizontal lines appearing up and down the right third of the screen. After a little investigation, I found out that it only occurs when the desktop is visible (visible whatsoever, even if there is a window open obscuring a little of the desktop, but not maximized fully, so as to allow part of the desktop to be visible), and when the desktop features a wallpaper photo. If I switch the desktop to a solid color, there's no problem. But, if I use a photo as I like to do, and if the desktop is allowed to show, the flickering continues.

I'm linking to a phone video that shows the problem, because I haven't been able to figure out the Windows 10 screen capture software yet. It's hard to describe in any way other than "horizontal lines flickering".

[youtube]QjFNcUqjQ7E[/youtube]

I'm hopeful that this isn't a serious issue, because it's only happening in such a narrow set of circumstances. I'd really like to not have to send this pretty device back so soon!

Thanks again for stopping by to read about my issue!

EDIT: Here's an update. I ran the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, and found out during the display artifact diagnostic that a mid-grey (luminosity 184/250) background seems to be the culprit, resulting in a ton of magenta lines to flicker up and down the height of the screen about 1/3rd from the right edge. Is this a returnable offense, or something that can be fixed?

EDIT2: It also seems to be affiliated with device heat, since it takes a little while for the display errors to crop up after booting. Any advice?

:)

sjowens1022, Sep 7, 2016

2. Windows 10: Who Have Surface Pro 3 Theme Pack.

Original Title: Who Have Surface Pro 3 Theme Pack

Who Have The Surface Pro 3 Wallpaper? I Want The Surface Pro 3 Wallpaper As Theme Pack.If Someone Computer Is Surface Pro 3 In Windows 10 ,Please Answer Me As Fast As Possible.

Tips:The Surface Pro 3 Theme Must Save As Windows Desktop Theme Pack File.

Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10 [​IMG]

ChongYee Qi, Sep 7, 2016
  3. "Could not find the recovery environment": How to reset after directly upgrading via Windows Media Creation Tool without external boot media?

The issue was "resolved" by returning the computer, getting my money back, and not using the Surface Pro 3. Technically this is a failure, not a proper resolution: Either Microsoft failed to design a working product, or the Japanese company working with
    this Japanese university failed to sell us a working product. (The replacement displayed a glitchy lock screen -- flickering red-green horizontal lines -- so I also returned it, rather than risk a display hardware failure. Both models we tried came with 8.1
    Pro installed, requiring a 10 Pro upgrade, rather than coming with 10 Pro installed from the beginning. I wonder if the 8.1 Pro Surface Pro 3's are incompatible with Windows 10 Pro.)

I am not certain whether I should wait and try the Surface Pro 4. I hope the Japanese version will have Cortana, and that I will be able to set it to American English mode, but with Japanese location support (i.e. talk in English about Japanese locations
    including correct Japanese pronunciation for the business names, etc, so it would sound something like: "Cortana, where is the closest ヤマダ電機?").

cloudsbelow, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10

If it is new take it back immediately, to a MS Store if possible , so you will get a new one , 1st 30 days I think is the limit , after that you will only get a Refurb.Unit instead.

It sounds and looks like a VideoCard Issue , it is overheating and artifacting etc

I have the Surface 3 BTW.... there were updates last week but I think you have a Hardware Issue not a driver Issue , but can't hurt to Check.

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
Thema:

Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10

1. Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering, Surface Pro 3, W10 - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper photo

2. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    horizontal lines: i have white screen on the borders of the screen and letters are not that clear vedios are not that much but ok i can see vedios but their is a line on my top of my screen if i tale a apps name to the top line the name clears and stright horizontal lines when i start up my pc...
  3. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    horizontal lines: i have white screen on the borders of the screen and letters are not that clear vedios are not that much but ok i can see vedios but their is a line on my top of my screen if i tale a apps name to the top line the name clears and stright horizontal lines when i start up my pc...
  4. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines: Just got a Lifecam Studio camera. it has bad flicker/jitter and the horizontal lines that pop across the screen. It doesn't matter what app i use Camera, Teams, Zoom, etc.... or PC. the results are the same. So given that, it seems it really is a camera issue. Any ideas?...
  6. Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines: My camera screen flicking lines as seen in the pictures and here's what I know:-it happens in all applications. Camera, Discord etc..-when I lower the quality of the pictures from the settings less lines show.-sometimes the camera works just fine with no issues other times...
  7. Horizontal Lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Horizontal Lines: Hi, Sorry if its in the wrong place. I've recently upgraded my SSDs, and noticed since reinstalling windows and all the drivers I keep getting some blinking horizontal lines usually when browsing the internet, I've not noticed any yet while gaming (but I've only just...
  8. screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line: Hai, Nabila is here. I need help to discovered my pc, I admit that I'm using old model for about 10 years ago pc.. Now i'm asking for help at my smartphone because my screen monitor have some glitches and flickering, bot some but much! it is covering my screen and i can't...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  10. partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED: as this is solved it is for information only, mainly aimed at those who also have this 'problem' suddenly my 23" samsung 2333 display started to flicker and give a partial display of my win screen with a lot of horizontal lines. see image. although i managed to get into...