Windows 10: Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

Discus and support Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This isn't the first time that I have had issues with this computer not wanting to go to sleep. It did it with Windows 8.1, it did in Windows 10 when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

This isn't the first time that I have had issues with this computer not wanting to go to sleep. It did it with Windows 8.1, it did in Windows 10 when I first upgraded it. Now, it's doing it again in Windows 10. We just changed out modems because we upgraded to a higher speed (20 Mbps) through our ISP (CenturyLink). I have already ran a Powercfg report, and it said something about a DRIVER (srvnet). I even went as far as overriding the issue, which still didn't help. I hope someone can chime in and see if we can get this issue resolved.

Specs:

Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop

Processor: Intel Celeron

1 TB Hard Drive

4 GB RAM

There may be other specs. But, this is all I can come up with for now.

If I recall, the last time we upgraded to 20 Mbps and used this modem, it ran into the same problem with not wanting to sleep.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 15, 2016
  2. syd5aces Win User

Windows 10 has the old desktop disappeared

I have had an actual desktop problem (not that tablet rubbish) constantly hiding the icons, I can right chick, select view and click "show desktop icons" to show them again but this is every time the computer goes to sleep or turns off it happens again,
    as well as the computer constantly goes to sleep if i walk away for a minute, I have changed the sleep and hybrid sleep settings to off but it continues to happen.. all since updating to windows 10, the update also removed my security program kaspesky anti-virus,
    this is really frustrating, cau you guys release an update or something to fix these annoying bugs

syd5aces, Jul 15, 2016
  3. My computer will not sleep witn windows 10

Hi Mark,

Not being particularly computer savy, I don't know how to update my computer's chipset.

My lap top with Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10 perfectly. This all in one desk top from Lenovo did not do so well. Not only will it not sleep properly, but the screen saver will not function at all. I am very tempted to revert to Windows 8.1 as I have
    it on DVD that I purchased from Microsoft several months ago. Thanks for your reply.

Terry

TerryBeckingham, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

Bump! Can someone please assist me?

5. Hi, Jesse:

Disclaimer: I have been running Win10 on one of my own systems for only a week or so, and it's an OEM box, not an upgrade.
    Disclaimer: This is not meant in any way to offend you.
    Disclaimer: Other forum members are INFINITELY more expert in these matters than I am.

From my own research and spending a lot of time at computer fora (here and elsewhere), it's my humble and inexpert opinion that upgrading a system with problems to Win10 tends to carry over those problems, not fix them.

In other words, it's generally preferable to get the 7/8/8.1 box cleaned up, fixed and running properly BEFORE doing the Win10 upgrade, not after.
    Short of that or even preferable, as others have previously suggested in your other threads, sometimes it is best to start fresh with a CLEAN install of Win10 on a reformatted drive.
    It may be the better part of valor and consumes less time/energy/aggravation to start from scratch, rather than trying to fix a system whose issues have been carried over from 7/8/8.1.
    Having said that, if the system has HARDWARE issues, then those would have to be fixed FIRST.
    Upgrading to or cleanly reinstalling or tweaking Win10 will not fix hardware problems.

{{Offered just as friendly advice from another home user}}*Redface

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 15, 2016
  6. A clean installation will not solve this issue. As I said earlier, I think it has to do with the modem. The last time we used this same modem, it wouldn't sleep. The modem is a Technicolor C2000T provided by CenturyLink.

7. Exactly.*Smile

And that's why I said:
    <I'll defer to others more expert than I...>

Good luck!*Smile
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

@MoxieMomma, according to Acer, all of the drivers are up to date. Should I run an SFC/SCANNOW command to see if that will fix it? I don't know of any other steps to fix it.

9. Update: I went to Intel to see if there was an updated driver by installing the Intel Driver Update utility. It found a newer driver for the display and sound from Intel that I needed to install. So, that problem is now fixed. Now, for the network card, it is a Realtek Network card. Is there a similar utility to install to update the driver for the network card?

A lot of people tend to think it's the network card when the computer won't sleep right. That's why I would like to know if there any utilities or newer drivers from Realtek to update the network card driver.

Just trying to find the issue.

10. Update: The computer still will not sleep.

Microsoft did an SFC/ SCANNOW command and a DISM command through the Command Prompt yesterday. They said if the problem persists, to do a System Restore. If the problem persists after that, to contact Answer Desk again with the reference number.

I also got my CenturyLink technician to look at it through the PC Protection plan that I have with them, and they couldn't even find anything wrong with it to get the issue resolved. I have had problems with this computer not wanting to sleep ever since I bought it.

I sent it to Acer when I first bought it, and Acer couldn't find anything wrong either, regarding the sleep issue. All I know is, is that is a DRIVER (SRVNET) issue that is causing the issue. So it has to do with a driver. I suspect that it's either the modem or the network adapter.

If someone knows how I can fix this issue, please assist.

Thanks!

Jesse Williams, Jul 16, 2016
  11. Still having a sleep issue. Can someone please help me out?

Jesse Williams, Jul 21, 2016
  12. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!! [​IMG]

Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!! [​IMG]

The above screenshots are of the Powercfg report. Some of them may be duplicates, and I apologize for that.

Jesse Williams, Jul 21, 2016
  13. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

file:///C:/Windows/System32/energy-report.html

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

1. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!! - Similar Threads - Desktop Sleep AGAIN

2. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  3. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  4. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

why my pc randomly go sleep again and again: I don't know about my PC randomly go to sleep and when I on pc I can use it sometimes it's gone again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-pc-randomly-go-sleep-again-and-again/54640949-69a3-4220-af94-f8f8b2864486
  6. Desktop failing to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop failing to sleep: Windows 10 Pro, v20H2, build 19042.804 Well I'm back here again. This has been an ongoing problem where my recently installed Win10 & fully updated Win10 desktop fails to go into sleep mode unless I force it manually. Have had a history of problems with Windows 10 going back...
  7. Desktop Restart again and again

Desktop Restart again and again: Hi, My Desktop congfiger is: Core I5 , 8400 Ram 32GB, 3200Bus8+8+16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370Xp SLI SSD: 128GB Hdd: 1TB Powersupply: 650 My Problem is: Sudden pc take restart , Most of time: When I am turn on my desktop, then desktop restart many times... What Can...
  8. Desktop is rebuilding itself again and again?

in Cortana
    Desktop is rebuilding itself again and again?: Hello, but when I start my laptop the desktop is rebuilt every 3-7 seconds and you can't open any programs Does anyone know a solution? LG T https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-baut-sich-immer-wieder-neu-auf
  9. SLEEP ON DESKTOP

SLEEP ON DESKTOP: Can anyone help me with a sleep mode problem on my desktop computer, please. Following a recent update from Microsoft, my current state is not restored when wakening from Sleep mode. Instead it tediously presents the Sign In page, then fails to return to most of my previously...
  10. Remote desktop and sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop and sleep.: Finally, after an upgrade to 1903, my laptop knows how to go to sleep on its own! The effect this could have on worldwide carbon emissions could be phenomenal given the number of Windows machines in the world. However, at work, I use my laptop from my desktop via Remote...