Windows 10: desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

Discus and support desktop window manager extremely high ram usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am have the same issue that is described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnthonyTraber, Jul 5, 2018.

1. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

I am have the same issue that is described here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-window-manager-extremely-high-ram-usage/de72f8b4-8128-485b-bdf9-5e3589e66e85

I will post the capture

:)

AnthonyTraber, Jul 5, 2018
  2. AnthonyTraber, Oct 29, 2018
  3. CJHook Win User
    Desktop Window Manager: extremely high RAM usage

After a recent Windows 10 update (presumably the anniversary update) I have noticed that Desktop Window Manager will start to use an extremely high amount of RAM while running applications that previously I had no issue with.

The situation I am experiencing this is when I am playing a game (Football Manager 2016) on one monitor while streaming video via Chrome or IE on a second monitor. Previously, I have done this with no issue, and could have the PC in this state for hours
    on end with no problem.

However, since the update I have been getting the following error message after Football Manager 2016 for a while:

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage c5424e91-10ab-493d-837e-c2aa5c91fe4d.jpg

It seems that it may be Desktop Window Manager that is hogging excessive amounts of memory. For example:

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage 510e6080-db6d-4ca3-9b7b-711a2ad04fd3.jpg

Is there a known issue with Desktop Window Manager? I have contacted the developers of Football Manager 2016 in the first instance and they suggested this looks like a memory leak in Desktop Window Manager.

CJHook, Oct 29, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

Hi Anthony,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn everything off on that page

Restart your PC

Check the RAM usage of DWM . ..

DaveM121, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage - Similar Threads - desktop window manager

2. desktop window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop window manager high RAM usage: my pc is dell xps 15 updated to window 11. desktop window manager noted to have high RAM usage occasionally ranging from 3000 Mb to 10, 000 Mb please help...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage

Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage: Ever since I got a new monitor, desktop window manager reaches incredible RAM usage. I've seen it allocate 43gb of RAM and use 7.5gbI have 16gb of RAM. Desktop windows manager will slowly increase its RAM usage until I black screen and it gets reset. Does anyone have a fix...
  4. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling: Hi all,I've been running into an issue where DWM uses up nearly half of my PC's RAM 13/32gb. Here's a screenshot from Task Manager:When I'm at my computer doing stuff, I don't have any issues. It's only when I leave the PC idle long enough for the screen to go black not sleep...
  5. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling: Hi all,I've been running into an issue where DWM uses up nearly half of my PC's RAM 13/32gb. Here's a screenshot from Task Manager:When I'm at my computer doing stuff, I don't have any issues. It's only when I leave the PC idle long enough for the screen to go black not sleep...
  6. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. high desktop windows manager ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high desktop windows manager ram usage: I checked my task manager, and my desktop window manager takes up over 1000 mb, about as much a fully fledged and heavy game, about as much as adobe, about as much as a browser with many atbs open, is that normal? if not how do i fix it? submitted by /u/danielis3 [link]...
  8. Extremely high RAM usage

Extremely high RAM usage: How does Windows take 5GB out 8GB of RAM on idle? I've disabled runtime broker and many other ram intensive programs and it's still that high. I don't have any game launcher or anything. ‍♂️I'm honestly so confused. ‍♂️ submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop Window Managerdwm.exe extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Managerdwm.exe extremely high RAM usage: After resetting my windows, RAM usage of dwm.exe starts increasing after booting up my pc and in 1 hour it takes more than a GB of RAM. But, if I End Process Tree of dwm.exe from task manager or disable Windows Fast Startup everything works perfectly. What could be the...
  10. Extremely high RAM usage

Extremely high RAM usage: https://imgur.com/a/uIjlPQi Been having this problem for ages and I still don't know what's causing it. Sometimes I boot up my computer and it seems fine and sometimes I boot it up and this happens, where on idle, it is using over 97% of my RAM. I've tried updating drivers...