Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. No problems for the first couple of weeks but now I have a really annoying glitch where programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Salubritas, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. No problems for the first couple of weeks but now I have a really annoying glitch where programs that I am using randomly lose focus for a moment, sometimes to the extent of flashing rapidly. All programs are affected but explorer.exe seems particular prone to the flashing.

I downloaded the Happy Droid focus.exe utility to find out what was taking the focus and it turned out to be the Desktop Window Manager system process!

I have updated the graphics driver (Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated) to the latest after a BSOD that was traced to the driver, but still have the focus glitch. All updates have been applied from Windows Update.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next! Any help much appreciated.

:)

Salubritas, Sep 23, 2015
  2. IAmAPC Win User

Windows 10 Build 10532 Not Installing

My install had the message, "This is taking longer than usual." It finally completed and got the prompt to login. Once in the desktop is empty and continually blinks. The arrow has the spinning circle. I fear this is in some retry loop. I cannot
    get the Win flag to respond. I can right click and bring up Task Manager. From there I can eventually get a command prompt. Should I also follow these steps? The blinking window takes focus away from the command window. I have to continually bring it into
    focus to do anything. From the task manager I can get programs to run. Otherwise I am hosed. Thank you

IAmAPC, Sep 23, 2015
  3. samsung focus frozen on samsung screen!

my samsung focus is frozen on the samsung screen when it turns on. it randomly turned off and on , by itself but it stayed stuck on the samsung screen. i tried the master reset but it still freezes on the samsung screen.. how can i fix it without taking
    it in ?

samerickson, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus

1. Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. Explorer.exe randomly taking focus - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe randomly taking focus - Windows 11: Firstly, I've been using my same PC for 3 years minus a few upgrades, graphics card etc on windows 10 and never ever had this issue.Recently I had the pop up saying I'm eligible to upgrade to Windows 11 - Cool, why not.So I've been using windows 11 for a couple of weeks now...
  3. Explorer.exe randomly taking focus - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe randomly taking focus - Windows 11: Firstly, I've been using my same PC for 3 years minus a few upgrades, graphics card etc on windows 10 and never ever had this issue.Recently I had the pop up saying I'm eligible to upgrade to Windows 11 - Cool, why not.So I've been using windows 11 for a couple of weeks now...
  4. Explorer regularly takes focus

Explorer regularly takes focus: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with no contents. I upgraded to Windows 11 and now it has been happening less but it still...
  5. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  6. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  7. Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory: Windows desktop mgr taking a lot of memory . fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-a-lot-of-memory/41d8ce1a-91a8-4459-83b3-d4a1f5c23069
  8. Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory

Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory: Windows desktop mgr taking a lot of memory . fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-a-lot-of-memory/41d8ce1a-91a8-4459-83b3-d4a1f5c23069
  9. Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory: The below attachment describes my problem. It is a new problem to me. To be honest, after updating to version 21H1, I'm facing a lot of problems and that is really frustrating as a windows user!!!!!!!...
  10. window taking focus??

in Windows 10 Customization
    window taking focus??: How do I stop the window the cursor is in from riseing to the top. I set it to do this when asked during installation but now it is a pain and I cannot find the setting to change it. Thank you in advance...