Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager using high CPU

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager using high CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the past couple hours or so the fan has been running higher than usual on my computer. I went into Task Manager to check and found Desktop Window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by allam447635, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Desktop Window Manager using high CPU

For the past couple hours or so the fan has been running higher than usual on my computer. I went into Task Manager to check and found Desktop Window Manager consistently using >20% CPU. This happened an hour or two ago, and just started happening again a little while ago. Why did this happen? What can I do to fix it?

:)

allam447635, Nov 8, 2017

2. Desktop Window Manager high CPU usage in Windows 10

Thanks, I was suddenly hitting this issue and when I exited my GoToMeeting client by right-clicking its icon in the taskbar, the CPU usage went back to normal.

Cygnus X-1, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Desktop Window Manager high CPU usage in Windows 10

So you have the same kind of computer as others but you're the only one having problems? That's odd. It's also strange that a new computer would be having problems like this. Do you have a 64-bit CPU? Not sure why I'm asking that. Most modern computers
    have a 64-bit CPU. It already had Windows 10 on it when you got it, correct? Are you experiencing any sluggishness with your computer at all, like when you open the Start Menu? Do Windows apps like Weather or Settings run sluggishly while third party apps
    and programs like Firefox run just fine?

MichaelMAS7, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Desktop Window Manager using high CPU

I have determined the problem to be something related to the Calculator being open, because the Desktop Window Manager uses more CPU power with the calculator open than when it is closed. I just had the calculator open and the Desktop Window Manager hit 25% CPU.

allam447635, Jan 9, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Shouldn't happen. Even with very old processor. Does this happen with other apps too?

Check you graphic drivers.
    Run Malwarebytes and ADWcleaner, just to be sure no malware is present.

AndreTen, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Only the Calculator seems to be causing it.

allam447635, Jan 10, 2018
  7. AndreTen Win User
    If Malwarebytes scan comes out clean (assuming this is MS calculator), go to settings, apps, find calculator and click (under its name) Advanced options. On the next screen click on reset. Not sure if this will do any good, but (I would) try it out.

Desktop Window Manager using high CPU [​IMG]

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager using high CPU

1. Desktop Window Manager using high CPU - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  3. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop Window Manager's Using High Memory

Desktop Window Manager's Using High Memory: Hi there folks,Desktop window manager seems to be using high memory. And when I say high, I mean high. Once I saw that it was using around 6 GB of Ram. Yes, ''6 GB''. Tried couple of fixes I found on the web, but none of them worked. Would be glad If you help me.Thanks a lot....
  7. High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager: My best guess is that some malware is using about 50% of my CPU. When I launched Task Manager, I tried disabling the process that was listed as using the most, but on re-opening Task Manager I found that some other process was reporting insanely high CPU use. I went through...
  8. Desktop window manager high memory use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop window manager high memory use: I saw that my memory was 77% so I looked and it says that desktop windows manager is taking up almost 3 gb why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-high-memory-use/c241a7fe-54e5-4177-9997-d12e138a1791
  9. high cpu usage on desktop window manager and windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high cpu usage on desktop window manager and windows explorer: Hello! when i move my mouse,(when idle my cpu is at 1%) the cpu goes up to 50%. When i have google opened and move my mouse google uses a lot of cpu and if i close it and open another app and move my mouse that app uses high cpu. I have tried: -scanning for malware -i tried...
  10. Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU

Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU: I have asus rog strix scar 2 gl704gw with rtx 2070... Problem started from Day 1.. Having frame drops in fortnite on low setting 90-100 FPS... The only problem i can see is game is using 35-40% Rtx 2070 and the dwm.exe is using 40% intel integrated graphics at the same...