Windows 10: Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

Discus and support Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; nvm apparently there were two problems that had nothing to with each other 1. being network was discoverable by just typing "\\Server Name" and 2. SMB1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

Hi there

If you install spring update (1803) :

after 1803 update SMB1 is disabled by default - re-enable again. The option where it automatically disables SMB1 has GONE so you shouldn't get this type of problem once you've installed the Spring 1803 update.

Eventually though if on your non windows devices you can get SMB3 to work then that's the best solution.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Big2hd Win User

Hi, I don't know when it exactly happened but yesterday, when I decided to set up Kodi SMB shares to my Rasberry to my desktop folders had stop showing(some old ones on my external drive weren't working in the first place but even new folders don't work) disabled firewall, vpn, defender and just about anything that would block connection . The weird thing is my Laptop does share my computer between desktop but not another way around.

Any help much appreciated Sorry being vague I just don't know where to start thx in advance.

:)

Big2hd, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Adding shared folder onto WIFI PC from Ethernet connected PC

Hello, I am trying to add shared folders to my new Windows 10 laptop, from two windows 10 desktop PCs. The laptop is connected to my WIFI network, the two desktops are connected via ethernet cable out of the same router. I have shared folders on both desktops
    for my photography, and each one show up on the other's network places with access to the shared folders. The problem is the laptop doesn't see the desktops in my network folder. Is this because the laptop is on WIFI and the desktops hard wired? Is there
    a way to connect?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregorio_S, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

How to pass network folder through internet connection sharing?

I am trying to give a desktop that is connected through internet connection sharing , access to a Network folder that is on my netgear router. I went to the settings for the internet sharing and attempted to add the network folder to it , the network folder
    is //fileshare on my network , and the desktop on the internet connection sharing will still not access the folder. It seems that the internet connection sharing is put on a separate network?

MichaelWeaser, Apr 6, 2018
  5. Big2hd Win User
    nvm apparently there were two problems that had nothing to with each other 1. being network was discoverable by just typing "\\Server Name" and 2. SMB1 being disabled(need for Kodi but probably gonna disable again and update to new version that uses SMB2)

Thx..me lol

Big2hd, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

1. Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders - Similar Threads - Desktop won't show

2. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  3. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  4. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Shared folders not showing

Shared folders not showing: Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.928) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a Synology Linkstation NAS. Shared the drives using Linkstation Assistant but drives are not showing in this pc. Works fine on 3 of my computors,but wnt work on my laptop. Help please 181287
  6. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  7. Windows networking shared folders not showing up

Windows networking shared folders not showing up: We have a home networking router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000P) setup with 3 PCs (2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home) connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all...
  8. Network Shared Folder

Network Shared Folder: I set permissions for a user to a network shared folder, and then mapped the network folder on her laptop. At first everything seems fine, but then one of the subfolders disappear, and later reappears. This has been going on intermittently since. Any ideas why this is...
  9. Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared

Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared: Im sharing 1 folder called Media on the network. When I try to access the computer to see the shared folder on another computer i see other folders shared which i didn't share. Now since trying to fix this, My Android phone cannot access Music, Pictures, Videos folders...
  10. Some folders not showing on shared drives on network

Some folders not showing on shared drives on network: It may be buried in here somewhere but thought I'd throw this out there just in case or to help folks that haven't found a solution here. I was having trouble suddenly with several folders shared between my win 7 and 10 boxes. As far as I know they had worked before and...