Windows 10: desktop

Discus and support desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know what i did but i lost all my desktop icons... all i get is the blue screen. I can see my desktop flash before the blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debbiebouzane, Oct 2, 2016.

1. desktop

I don't know what i did but i lost all my desktop icons... all i get is the blue screen. I can see my desktop flash before the blue screen appears....... can someone help. I feel like a fish out of water with this one... i have windows 10 as an os.

:)

debbiebouzane, Oct 2, 2016

2. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

desktop

You may have accidentally switched to tablet mode. If so, you can click on the action centre next to the clock to turn it off.

If you don't have the taskbar or Start icon either you have more serious problems. A screenshot (if you can make one) would help in diagnosis. Failing that, more details of what you actually do see on the screen.

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  5. desktop [​IMG]
    this is what I get instead of my desktop icons, this is a task bar at the bottom but no desktop

debbiebouzane, Oct 2, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    That does look like Tablet mode as it would appear if you have no tiles pinned to Start. The blue highlighted 'pinned tiles' icon (2nd down on the left) only appears in Tablet mode.

Click the cogwheel to go to Settings. In System - Tablet mode try setting 'When I sign in' to 'Desktop mode' then restart. You could also turn off 'Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode' if it's on.

desktop [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

desktop

1. desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  3. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  4. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  5. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  6. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  8. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  9. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  10. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...