Windows 10: Desktop

Discus and support Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I send a file to my desktop it appears in my C::\Users\\Desktop folder but not on my desktop. How do I rectify this? 102372 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by royw, Jan 13, 2018.

1. royw Win User

Desktop

When I send a file to my desktop it appears in my C::\Users\\Desktop folder but not on my desktop. How do I rectify this?

:)

2. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Jan 13, 2018
  3. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Desktop

Brink, Jan 13, 2018
  5. royw Win User
    Brink, thanks a lot. Problem solved.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jan 13, 2018
  7. royw Win User
    Brink, I followed the tutorial instructions and it seemed the problem had been solved, but it's returned. What else can I try?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Desktop

Did your desktop get set back to autosave to "OneDrive" instead of "This PC"?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd.

If you like, post screenshots showing your "Desktop" folder in "Quick access" and "This PC" to see if anything may stand out.

As a test, if you create a "New Folder" on your desktop, what folder does the "New Folder" show up in?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  10. royw Win User
    Brink, the screenshots are attached, and they appear on my desktop and in C:\Desktop, and the same applies to the New Folder, so it seems that the problem has been solved. Do yoy agree?

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You shouldn't have a "C:\Desktop" folder by default.

Did you attempt to move your "C:\Users\royw\Desktop" folder?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, ok good. That would explain it then.

Just to verify if everything is ok, check the two registry keys below to make sure that the Desktop string value (REG_SZ) for both have the correct path you moved your Desktop folder to.

Desktop [​IMG]

Desktop [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  13. royw Win User

Desktop

Brink, the second of the registry keys you show shows the same details as yours. My registry doesn't contain the first registry key you refer to.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, it appears that your Desktop folder didn't get moved to "C:\Desktop".

Did you want your Desktop folder at "C:\Desktop" or the default "C::\Users\royw\Desktop"?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  15. royw Win User
    Brink, my Desktop folder is definitely in C:\Desktop. I moved it there and want it to stay there.

Thema:

Desktop

1. Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  3. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!: Hello there!I got a new computer in two weeks and has been using it ever since.I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 8.0.204, but as soon as I start the installation, it says, "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070652 - another installation is in...
  8. Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!

Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!: Hello there!I got a new computer in two weeks and has been using it ever since.I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 8.0.204, but as soon as I start the installation, it says, "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070652 - another installation is in...
  9. My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...: I have used the ergonomic keyboard and mouse for my laptops for years, and the new surface laptop 6 I just received doesn't seem to have wireless discovery - only blue tooth discovery options. I'd like to be able to continue to use my mouse, keyboard and number pad - all...
  10. My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...

My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...: I have used the ergonomic keyboard and mouse for my laptops for years, and the new surface laptop 6 I just received doesn't seem to have wireless discovery - only blue tooth discovery options. I'd like to be able to continue to use my mouse, keyboard and number pad - all...