Windows 10: Desktop

Discus and support Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to place items on the desk top instead of the task bar,and if so how. 33417 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willden, Dec 10, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Desktop

Is it possible to place items on the desk top instead of the task bar,and if so how.

:)

willden, Dec 10, 2015

2. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Dec 10, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Desktop

Right clicking on items such as a .exe file will allow you to select Send to and one of the options is Desktop where it will add it as a shortcut.

You will need to search to find the folder where you apps or programs are stored. One way to do this is to type the name into the search bar and if the item appears you can usually right click on it and select Open file location, this will take you to the folder with the file allowing you to do the Send-to operation.

Hope this is what you were asking for!

philc43, Dec 10, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes, you can actually place a file on your desktop.

Example : I have a folder of my Christmas watercolor drawings. I can use the Copy To right click context menu and place a copy (not shortcut) of the folder to the desktop.

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    The desktop is just a folder and you can deal with it accordingly.

7. PJLLB Win User
    It's easier to find the application in the Start All Apps list and drag it to the desktop. That will create a shortcut.

PJLLB, Dec 10, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Desktop

Thanks for the easier route, I thought that moved the item which is why I did not suggest it, there are always multiple ways to do the same thing!

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop

1. Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  3. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  4. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HP omen desktop computer not letting me into BIOS on W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP omen desktop computer not letting me into BIOS on W11: I want to turn on the Virtualization TechnologyI tired F10 and esc multiple times right after I turn on the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-omen-desktop-computer-not-letting-me-into-bios/1a47519b-6f70-4d50-aa40-3617dd1a2bd1
  6. HP omen desktop computer not letting me into BIOS on W11

HP omen desktop computer not letting me into BIOS on W11: I want to turn on the Virtualization TechnologyI tired F10 and esc multiple times right after I turn on the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-omen-desktop-computer-not-letting-me-into-bios/1a47519b-6f70-4d50-aa40-3617dd1a2bd1
  7. How do I fix Error 0x80070652 when trying to install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Error 0x80070652 when trying to install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime -...: When I try to use the installer it gives me the same error message each time, I've also followed many guides on the internet which have all not worked for me, I would truly appreciate some help....
  8. How do I fix Error 0x80070652 when trying to install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime -...

How do I fix Error 0x80070652 when trying to install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime -...: When I try to use the installer it gives me the same error message each time, I've also followed many guides on the internet which have all not worked for me, I would truly appreciate some help....
  9. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  10. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...