Windows 10: Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark

Discus and support Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am literally desperate. Over the past year or so, my screen dims- Toshiba Satellite laptop. Each time it happened, I read articles and have always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by starbell427, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark

I am literally desperate. Over the past year or so, my screen dims- Toshiba Satellite laptop. Each time it happened, I read articles and have always been able to fix it and I realized it would only happen after my laptop battery died and the computer would shut down. So I'd go into settings and would disable the adaptive dim display and it would be fine again.

Maybe a couple months ago, my computer updated and screen dimmed again. Checked the normal things I had in the past and it was all the same as should be. Read in an article to go to services.msc and disable the sensor monitor, which I did, and all was fine.

My laptop updated two days ago and since then, for the life of me, I can't get this thing to stop dimming. I edit photos for a living and my editing program has a dark gray background so the screen dims to a crazy low level and it's critical for me to have good lighting. Even with the sensor monitor disabled, the screen still dims.

I only use laptop plugged in, never use battery. I've made sure the brightness is on 100% on battery/plugged in, made sure adaptive display is disabled, I checked the graphics whatever and it says graphics display is disabled. I've read SO many articles on this and I can't do my job because of the dimming.

Can someone please help me? I know how to use my computer but I don't know the how the inside operates and I have to get back to work. This only happened after the update two days ago.

Please and thank you.

:)

starbell427, Jun 14, 2017

2. Accidentally pressing HOLD with cheek while on call

Hi!

Thanks for advice! This was the first thing I tried to test. The proximity sensor works fine with this basic test and when I am in call placing finger just above "tiles" swiches screen to dark and ir seems that touch is off too (it is hard
    to test touch 100% if screen is dark Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark :) )

So still the accidental HOLD button pushing is mistery. Might it be some software/HW bug that accurs and disables proximity sensor on some specific scenario's?

BTW - this problem i never experienced with previous version of OS (7.0). This is why I suspect Mango to be in charge of this issue.

Vigants

VigantsLesausks, Jun 14, 2017
  3. N8 Backlight (Brightness) Problem

well, the sensor is not the issue....because at the same light intesity it goes dark...plus when I cover the sensor the darkness much is less compared to my problem....btw....if i cover the sensor shud the screen get dimmer???

tazzmanian---01, Jun 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark

dalchina, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark

1. Desperate. Disabled sensor monitoring and screen still dark - Similar Threads - Desperate Disabled sensor

2. Screen to dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen to dark: I can't barely see my screen because it's too dark. The shortcut keys on my keybaord won't work. Also there is no options to make it brighter on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-to-dark/98582418-c565-4fa7-8313-b59a6e25f5ae
  3. Screen to dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen to dark: I can't barely see my screen because it's too dark. The shortcut keys on my keybaord won't work. Also there is no options to make it brighter on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-to-dark/98582418-c565-4fa7-8313-b59a6e25f5ae
  4. Screen to dark

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bio sensor drivers being disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bio sensor drivers being disabled: Hello, I have started to notice that the Bio sensors for fingerprint readers are being disabled inside smartphones for Microsoft Authenticator, and now within Windows 10 the driver is being disabled and deleted. Now the fingerprint works because the laptop must use this to...
  6. Dark screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark screen: Today I selected * update and shot down * option on my laptop. After that, I started the laptop but it shows me just a dark screen. The ventilator is working, charged my phone and the keyboard is lighted but I don't know what to do. I'm waiting until the battery it's over and...
  7. dark screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dark screen: After an update my screen turned so dark I can barely read it. I had the camera covered. So I uninstalled the update, and re-installed to no avail. Help anyone? brightness is at 100%...
  8. dark screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dark screen: dark nearly black screen after updating to windows 10 from win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-screen/db7e440e-dc46-40ee-8952-62c3082d366c
  9. Dark screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dark screen: Since t,his mornings update to build 1809, my screen goes very dark. If I open Microsoft Edge it has a black background. If I open BT Mail all the text has a black highlight around it....
  10. Dark Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Screen: I opened my laptop today and i found a dark screen as my wallpaper with a "loading" in the middle , i waited and it didn't change back to my wallpaper then i tried to change it and it didn't work so please somebody help me with this...