Windows 10: Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag

Discus and support Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until a couple of weeks back, everything was fine then suddenly my mouse (wired) and keyboard (wired) are lagging so bad that the PC is virtually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taggy, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Taggy Win User

Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag

Up until a couple of weeks back, everything was fine then suddenly my mouse (wired) and keyboard (wired) are lagging so bad that the PC is virtually un-usable. Drivers are up to date but this has to be a Windows update issue surely. Just wondering if anyone has been experiencing this lately themselves and what if anything, the fix may be.

I have had to correct loads of spelling errors in this post as the keys on the keyboard simply don't respond quick enough any more and I don't type looking at th screen so don't see errors until it's too late.

CPU usage peaks but as soon as you open Task Manager it drops back to single digits. No effect on the 24GB memory at all. All seems to be CPU led. Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU W3530 @ 2.8Ghz, 2794Mhz 4 Core, 4 Logical Processors (whatever all that means).

Driving me utterly insane so I thought I'd just ask some clever people.......I am not a techi of that I assure you.

Thanks anyone.........*cry

:)

Taggy, Mar 13, 2017

2. Microsoft Sculpt Mouse in Windows 10 Stops Working Randomly All The Time

Now it came to the point where the mouse and keyboard simply do not work... I'm becoming desperate. Any help, please?

johncool73, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10: Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, and suffer lag on both, but it's much more noticeable on the mouse. During much trying of all the many things suggested to fix the mouse lag problem, and nothing working, I worked out that my mouse was identified
    on my PC as 'HID'. When I clicked on mouse properties, then drivers for mouse, there were two drivers shown as installed. The one highlighted was 'class system', not the 'HID system' one, so I highlighted the HID. Mouse seems to work fine now. Don't know if
    it has fixed the keyboard lag yet, as that was far more intermittent than the mouse lag - time will tell.

katiehiggins, Mar 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    1. Launch task manager first.
    When PC is nominally idle, post a photo (if a screenshot is infeasible).
    Then try typing sthg - whatever you do that is subject to delay.
    Whilst you are experiencing the lag, take a photo of your task manager and post that.

(To post a picture/screenshot, the preferred way is to use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post)

2. Do you still have the same problem in Safe Mode?

3. Do you still have the same problem after a clean boot?

Finally, do you have a restore point you could use that was created before this started?

dalchina, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Not sure if this is far too late - but I've been having the same issue for ages, and managed to trace it back to Slack running, but even deeper, I've found its something to do with Chromium/Electron I believe, which is why any program that uses a Chrome backend also slows down my system when open for too long).

(Caveat - I don't know anything about coding so I'm not entirely sure what Chromium/Electron really are as I've never used them.)

DoubleHelix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag - Similar Threads - Desperate help massive

2. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  3. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  4. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Forza Horizon 4 Massive Keyboard Input Lag!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Massive Keyboard Input Lag!: As the title says, I have horrible input lag in Forza Horizon 4, sometimes its just a few milliseconds, sometimes its up to 5 SECONDS! Ive looked online for several days and all the "fixes" i tried didnt work, and i cant even try to play with a controller cause 1. I dont own...
  6. Keyboard and mouse lags

Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  7. Keyboard and mouse lags

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  8. Keyboard and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse lag: Went thru hardware updates, clean boot, etc MS states all drivers are up to date. Brand new Logitech mouse and keyboard with brand new batteries. And yet MS will blame everyone and everything else prior to admitting it might be windows 10 underperforming....
  9. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...
  10. Massive Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive Lag: Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5...