Windows 10: Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

Discus and support Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you Berton, if it's not too much trouble, could you please walk me through exactly how to map my drive? I watched a tutorial video about it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hotrodjohn71, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

Thank you Berton,
    if it's not too much trouble, could you please walk me through exactly how to map my drive? I watched a tutorial video about it and tried it, it created "Z:" for my mycloud, but did not do anything for solving the problem. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

hotrodjohn71, Apr 4, 2018

2. Hi group. Working with Windows 10. I have a WD MyCloud Hard drive on my network.

I am able to view all of the folders and files on my MyCloud but I cannot create new folders in it and I cannot drag and drop files to the hard drive or rename files because is giving the "Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this Action" error window.

I have googled this issue and tried several youtube tutorials to fix this but it will deny permission to change the credentials.

So now I turn to you, the experts for help. Please walk me through this. I spent an hour on the phone with WD MyCloud technical to find that the problem is a windows problem and not the MyCloud.

:)

hotrodjohn71, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Destination folder access denied - You need permission to perform this action

Location is not available

D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\Armor\ArmyFatigues is not accessible.

Access is denied.

I receive the above when attempting to install Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer (CBBE) from NexusMods.com. My attempt to open this above folder returns this message also. I cannot rename\copy\delete the folder even though I have only one account\user
    on my PC (administrator).

I have attempted to change the permissions on the Armor folder and applying them to the child folder. No luck.

DavidHowertonVM, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

Destination folder access denied - You need permission to perform this action

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to copy a file to the external HDD. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the free space on the external HDD?

• Is the issue specific to this particular file?

• Are you able to access the files on the HDD?
    Plug in the external HDD into another PC to check if the issue persists.

If the issue does not occur on a different PC then you may want to perform a complete virus scan on the external HDD to ensure that it is free from virus.

A fast way to check whether your PC has a virus is to use Windows Defender. This malware protection is included with Windows and helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Once this is done you may also check for any
    pending updates and install the same to see if that helps.

How do I find and remove a virus?:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Note: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate virus if any.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    I have 2 WDC 2TB NAS drives connected by Ethernet cable to my Router and usually can't copy to the root of the drives but no issues using a Public Folder on them and Mapping that Folder on my other computers both wired and wireless.

Berton, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

1. Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this - Similar Threads - Destination Folder Access

2. Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action Never goes away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action Never goes away: Hello,I am trying to copy a folder into another folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, I know the risks involved with doing this and I am sure I want to continue. However, no matter what I do, this "Destination Folder Access Denied" error never goes away. I have given myself...
  3. Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action Never goes away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action Never goes away: Hello,I am trying to copy a folder into another folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, I know the risks involved with doing this and I am sure I want to continue. However, no matter what I do, this "Destination Folder Access Denied" error never goes away. I have given myself...
  4. Destination Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Destination Folder Access Denied: Hi I have checked other articles, but no luck solving this issue. I have a Win 10 Home PC and a new Win 11 Pro PC. In File Explorer on the new PC I can see the old PC from the Network dropdown, and I can see the drives c, d and m in my case. I can also see and open files in...
  5. Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action: I'm not able to delete a folder off of my C driveI am signed in as an administratorI tried all of the steps at this answer:...
  6. Destination Folder Access Denied

Destination Folder Access Denied: I'm so stoked about being able to transfer files and pictures from my phone to my PC, but after transferring a few I get the message: Destination Folder Access Denied You’ll need to provide administrator permission to move tothis folder I have read a few posts on...
  7. Destination Folder Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Destination Folder Access Denied: I just installed Office 365 with OneDrive. After installation, I could not move or copy files or folder to Desktop and "Documents" folder, and received the notification "You'll need to provide administration permission to copy this folder". Please help me....
  8. Destination Folder, Access Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destination Folder, Access Denied: Hi all could anyone please give me advice on how to get around this issue? I have changed my admin settings already. Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpelwr/destination_folder_access_denied/
  9. destination folder access denied

destination folder access denied: i am not able to copy or move any folder from my laptop which having win10 to any of my pendrive or portable hard drive. error shows "destination folder access denied"....
  10. destination folder access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    destination folder access denied: hello, I have been trying to move a file from one hard drive to another but every time I tried to do so it came up with "destination folder access denied. you need permission to perform this action." my account is admin and I have tried looking up how to stop this on my own...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two connected laptop through network cable keep on saying destination folder access denied

2. destination folder accesss denied you need permission to perform this action