Windows 10: Details shown in explorer windows

Discus and support Details shown in explorer windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I must be searching for the wrong thing - I can't find a solution to this simple problem. In Windows 10, if I open a folder which has mp3s or WAVs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maclie, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Maclie Win User

Details shown in explorer windows

I must be searching for the wrong thing - I can't find a solution to this simple problem.

In Windows 10, if I open a folder which has mp3s or WAVs in it, Windows decides I want to see things like "title", "contributing artists", "album" etc... It drives me mental. All I ever want to see in an explorer window is file type, file size and created and modified dates.

I can't believe this isn't easy to set, but I can't find it. Please help - I work in music and every time I export an audio file I have to spend 10 seconds changing the view in the blinking folder to make sure what I need is there.

:)

Maclie, Jun 29, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Executable file I've never seen before [scepraxsvc.exe]

Hi Reece, this file is not a Microsoft/Windows executable . . .

If you right click on the excutable in file explorer, choose properties, then click on the Details Tab, what is shown there?

DaveM121, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Tom_WC Win User
    why are all my recent photos showing date modified as 1980-01?

What are the three dates shown in Explorer? Date Modified is not really used for anything but Date Taken (under Details) and Date Created are significant.

Tom_WC, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Maclie,
    Right click on the folder, choose Properties, then in Properties click on the Customize tab and set it to General Items. You can also customize the column headings by placing your mouse to right of the last column (title | artists | album) then right click and select the columns you want.

Eagle51, Jun 29, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "All I ever want to see in an explorer window is file type, file size and created and modified dates."

Easy ! Read Option One in this tutorial and set Custom View to General (add 'Date created' by r-click'g Name bar at Explorer folder top, checking 'Date created' then folder ribbon/View/Options/Change folder ***/View/Apply to Folders/OK) -
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10

mrgeek, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Maclie Win User
    You beautiful people! Thank you.

Maclie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Details shown in explorer windows - Similar Threads - Details shown explorer

2. Keep Windows Explorer always in Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Windows Explorer always in Details: Windows 11I dislike the Explorer modes that display cutsy little pictures, icons. When changed to details, it frequently reverts to the icons. What can be done to have Windows Explorer always display toolbar View always set to Details?...
  3. Keep Windows Explorer always in Details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Windows Explorer always in Details: Windows 11I dislike the Explorer modes that display cutsy little pictures, icons. When changed to details, it frequently reverts to the icons. What can be done to have Windows Explorer always display toolbar View always set to Details?...
  4. Windows explorer details panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer details panel: Is there any way to get file details in the window explorer that pops up on the left under the quick access folders like it used to in windows 7? submitted by /u/Mach1Padilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5fed1/windows_explorer_details_panel/
  5. UserName shown in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserName shown in Windows Explorer: Hi Forum Folke, I just set up a new computer for my wife, and somehow absolutely no idea how, underC:\Users, it's showing MY username kharr instead of HER username Sally. I didn't notice this until just about everything from the old PC had been hosed in, installed, and/or...
  6. Details missing at bottom of Explorer window

in Windows 10 Support
    Details missing at bottom of Explorer window: [img] Windows 10, just ran an update yesterday but I'm not 100% sure that that's when I noticed the change. As you can see in the picture above, the only info that is displayed at the bottom left is the file size, whereas before it's always shown me the file type (.mp4,...
  7. Files not shown in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not shown in Windows Explorer: Just upgraded to latest version of Windows 10. Many of my newer files do not show up in Explorer. I know the files are there, because if I open a program, e.g. Adobe Reader, and and click on a recent file, the file opens, even though it is not listed in Explorer. This...
  8. WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management: Hi, I recently tried to connect my WD Extrernal 1 TB passport to my windows PC. After connecting, I hear the normal click sound that appears on connecting on any external device. But I dont see any device shown in the explorer. I do see my passport under disk management...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119