Windows 10: Determine cause of "alt-tab" every 4 to 7 minutes?

Discus and support Determine cause of "alt-tab" every 4 to 7 minutes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there somewhere I can look to find "events" such as alt-tabbing, in Windows 10? I have a multi-monitor setup. In windows 7, I had an issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 7of9, Sep 26, 2016.

1. 7of9 Win User

Determine cause of "alt-tab" every 4 to 7 minutes?

Is there somewhere I can look to find "events" such as alt-tabbing, in Windows 10?

I have a multi-monitor setup.
    In windows 7, I had an issue where my hidden task bars would automatically unhide and hide, one after the other.

In windows 10, this has turned into an "alt-tab" type behavior.
    Example 1:
    I am gaming. While in a racing simulator, I will be happily driving along when all of a sudden, my game goes to a menu screen. The only way you can go to a game menu is to either press escape or alt-tab to another monitor or program.
    I have tried to keep track of the times this happens to try and match it against a list of "events" somewhere in Windows 10.
    A few days ago it was happening every 7 minutes. So I opened a text program to keep track of the internvals and it suddenly stopped.
    Today the intervals are as follows: 5 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 12 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 4 minutes, 10 minutes, 7 minutes.......... so far.

Example 2:
    I will have a browser open on monitor 1 (watching movie), monitor 2 browsing youtube, monitor 3 browser with news.
    At intervals, it appears my computer is alt-tabbing to each monitor, highlighting the browser dialogue box, then switching to the next monitor, then the next monitor. It doesn't matter if it's a web browser or anything open in a dialogue box.

When I re-boot, it does not happen right away. It seems to take 10-15 minutes before it starts. It doesn't seem to happen all of the time. Some days it happens more often. Sometimes the internvals are around 15 minutes apart or half hour apart.

During this time, I have the same programs/processes open (that I can tell).

Any suggestions and/or help to stop this behavior would be appreciated.

:)

2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Sep 26, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Sep 26, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Most likely because some background process needs attention.

bro67, Sep 26, 2016
  5. 7of9 Win User
    Any suggestions and/or help to stop this behavior would be appreciated.

6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Sep 27, 2016
  7. 7of9 Win User
    7of9, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Determine cause of "alt-tab" every 4 to 7 minutes? - Similar Threads - Determine cause alt

2. Every minute or so, Alt+Tab, Windows+Tab, and Clicking Taskbar icons no longer switches...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every minute or so, Alt+Tab, Windows+Tab, and Clicking Taskbar icons no longer switches...: Every minute or so, I lose the ability to quickly switch applications with shortcuts like alt+tab and windows+tab, and even clicking the taskbar icons will not focus the relevant application. The problem seems to fix itself for a little bit when I restart the explorer.exe...
  3. Every minute or so, Alt+Tab, Windows+Tab, and Clicking Taskbar icons no longer switches...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every minute or so, Alt+Tab, Windows+Tab, and Clicking Taskbar icons no longer switches...: Every minute or so, I lose the ability to quickly switch applications with shortcuts like alt+tab and windows+tab, and even clicking the taskbar icons will not focus the relevant application. The problem seems to fix itself for a little bit when I restart the explorer.exe...
  4. Alt / Tab causes Alt action to stay active on original window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt / Tab causes Alt action to stay active on original window.: It was best described in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-highlight-trigger-when-press-alt-tab/9a6452a8-206a-405f-8954-7e3d8fa69a7e I found that I had power toys running with keyboard mapping. I turned it off and the problem went away....
  5. Alt / Tab causes Alt action to stay active on original window.

Alt / Tab causes Alt action to stay active on original window.: It was best described in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-highlight-trigger-when-press-alt-tab/9a6452a8-206a-405f-8954-7e3d8fa69a7e I found that I had power toys running with keyboard mapping. I turned it off and the problem went away....
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  8. BSOD and Determining Cause

BSOD and Determining Cause: Hello,I had a BSOD today. Log determined it was my m2 ssd on which the system is installed. If I attach it the log would you be able to tell me what went wrong Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 20/11/2021 16:35:19 Event ID: 162 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords:...
  9. What's causing chiming music 4 to 5 notes every few minutes in the background.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's causing chiming music 4 to 5 notes every few minutes in the background.: I have been experiencing recent blue screen crashes for a few weeks.as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-causing-chiming-music-4-to-5-notes-every-few/593d666c-1efa-4f83-b88e-c43dd4285784
  10. Explorer crashing every alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashing every alt tab: Hi, My explorer.exe keeps crashing every time I Alt+tab. Due to the attached event-log I've narrowed it down to the display driver, but I cannot seem to get rid of it. I've tried uninstalling the displaydriver with DDU and then reinstalling different version of the graphics...