Windows 10: Determine computer model during Sysprep phase?

Discus and support Determine computer model during Sysprep phase? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First, let me say that we use FOG to deploy images, and for good or for bad, that probably won't change soon. So no MDT for us. What I'd like to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jfreemont, Jul 26, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Determine computer model during Sysprep phase?

First, let me say that we use FOG to deploy images, and for good or for bad, that probably won't change soon. So no MDT for us.

What I'd like to do is, during a phase of Sysprep's mini-setup during deployment, determine the computer model. Then, based on the computer model, change the driver path in the registry that mini-setup uses to install drivers.

Effectively, mini-setup would use only drivers applicable to the hardware to install devices rather than looking through all drivers for all models.

Any ideas?

:)

jfreemont, Jul 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 pro fall creators upgrade from v 1703 to v 1709 failed after 45% restores to v1703

Thankyou for your advice. I have tried all the relevant options listed in your reply and still the issue persists. Can you help me to determine which driver has crashed during the FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP phase with error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 .

Best regards

Andy

AndrewBurton1, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Can't update Windows 10 Pro

The update failed during the FIRST_BOOT and had an error during the SYSPREP operation. Error codes are 0xC1900101 - 0x30018

funplay321, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

Determine computer model during Sysprep phase?

1. Determine computer model during Sysprep phase? - Similar Threads - Determine computer model

2. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...: Hello !It's been 4 times that I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. All tries never worked, and I don't really know what to do. My laptop is a DELL Inspiron 3721. I already tried to do all things that Microsoft asked me to do like unplug all useless mice, headset...
  3. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...: Hello !It's been 4 times that I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. All tries never worked, and I don't really know what to do. My laptop is a DELL Inspiron 3721. I already tried to do all things that Microsoft asked me to do like unplug all useless mice, headset...
  4. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during...

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during...: 0xC1900101 - 0x30004 I have tried on many occasions, yet to no avail, none of the online solutions have helped. For the past few days, I've been trying to update to windows 20h2 and it gets stuck on 30% no matter what way I install it. I have tried doing things I've looked...
  5. Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...

Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...: I am trying to capture Windows 10 2004. I selected litetouch.vbs --> provided the administrator credentials and The sysprep execution starts while executing sysprep the VM boot loops loading files and power off. I had created a new workbench with a deployment share but it...
  6. the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize...

the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize...: Hi, I am trying to update windows 10 1803 to 1909, after a lot of attemps the update process fail with the error: " 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 - the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize operation" I tried with windows update and...
  7. Version 1809 - the installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP...

Version 1809 - the installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP...: Desk top Intel motherboard Local built. SHAW. 500GB SSD, 8GB RAM, plenty free space. (45.32GB free) Windows Pro OS build 17134.320 Happens during Getting Updates at 52% Error - 0xc1900101-0x30018 Trying for build 17763.1 Using ISO from Media Creation Tool....
  8. Sysprep error during win 10 upgrade

Sysprep error during win 10 upgrade: Hi there. Using the media creation tool (both usb and ISO) I get an error. Something like "installation has encountered an error during first_boot with sysprep." In not at my toshiba laptop at the moment so the wording may be a little off. Upgrading from my 8.1 current os....
  9. Build 10240 not prompting for computer name during sysprep

Build 10240 not prompting for computer name during sysprep: I was wondering if anyone else was running into the issue of sysprep not prompting for a computer name during the boot up process. Everything in my attend file is functioning normally (even the copy profile) but I cannot get a prompt for a computer name. I'm thinking this is...
  10. The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during

The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during: I'm trying to upgrade my HP Envy 15 J2E89EA from 8.1 Home to 10 Home but it keeps failing with the above message. It also gives me 0xC1900101 - 0x40017. I've been using a Win 64 ISO DVD, I did a windows Update check beforehand but it was already up to date. I've tried...