Windows 10: Determinig an IP address using MAC.

Discus and support Determinig an IP address using MAC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Today i need to find a device connected to my LAN network using it's MAC address. In case someone tries to tell me to do Code: arp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by juszjusz, Jan 19, 2017.

1. juszjusz Win User

Determinig an IP address using MAC.

Hello everyone!
    Today i need to find a device connected to my LAN network using it's MAC address.
    In case someone tries to tell me to do Code: arp -a[/quote] - it's not a way to do it.

The case is i'm trying to find login page of Teltonika's RUT900. Default is 192.168.1.1, but it was configured another way. Of course i don't want to reset it to factory settings.

Any help or knowledge is welcome *Smile

Thanks,
    Jusz.

:)

juszjusz, Jan 19, 2017
  2. chromecat Win User

nokia c3 ip address

IP addresses are not physical, they are a configurable value set by the network administrator.

As far as I know, the C3-00 does not support fixed IP addresses (used by IP protocol), if you've meant that.

Most networks nowadays use DHCP to dynamically assign an IP address for network devices. Of course this requires a DHCP server that assigns the address. Practically all SOHO routers sold in the last decade provide this functionality.

There's a fixed address for the device used by the IEEE 802 protocol family (that's a lower lever protocol used by the IP protocol) called MAC address. Now that we could call physical.

Knowing the MAC address allows you to instruct the DHCP server to always assign the same IP address to a device with a specified MAC address. (MAC to IP assignment)

You can get the MAC address of the phone the next way:

Settings->Connectivity->WLAN->Available WLANS

The phone will detect nearby wifi stations, choose one, select Options->Details.

Press the select button to see details including Phone MAC.

Hope that helps,

C.

chromecat, Jan 19, 2017
  3. Nokia C3 Host/Device Name?

:smileyvery-happy:

It works.

I set up a DCHP reservation for the MAC address, setting the host name as the IP address.

Then I went and registered the IP address as the host name associated with MAC address for MAC filtering.

The C3 connects without problems.

ZucchiniSnax, Jan 19, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I probably would have jumped into a Command Prompt (as Administrator) and used ipconfig /all as a start. But then that may not work in every situation. I did have to replace a Router that got set different from default and couldn't be reset as needed. The new IP was 127.159.6.102 and working with their ISP couldn't get it back to factory settings.

Berton, Jan 19, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    if you have a iphone or android phone, there are tools to allow you to see the MAC and IP. Easier is just to go into your Gateway and look at the devices and their IP's. They should also show the name associated with the device. You can also use this. Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner. There is a whole list of them also at Majorgeeks .com. MG Search - MajorGeeks

bro67, Jan 20, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Often times, ISP stuff is set to 192.168.100.1. Give that a shot.

Could also use an ipscanner to scan 192.168.0.0 using 255.255.0.0 and see if it finds it.

pparks1, Jan 20, 2017
  7. I would think a command prompt, ipconfig /all, look for the default gateway and that will be your router...in most cases.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Determinig an IP address using MAC. - Similar Threads - Determinig address using

2. How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.: How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC. I am using window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-ip-address-and-mac-address-of-my-pc/0d1396ba-b9a4-46b4-8361-b38262c6e0ef
  3. How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.: How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC. I am using window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-ip-address-and-mac-address-of-my-pc/0d1396ba-b9a4-46b4-8361-b38262c6e0ef
  4. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address: anyone know how to do track down the info on a device if I have both the MAC and IP address?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinpointing-the-owner-of-a-macip-address/6e1618e5-dcad-4c8e-a2aa-329d5d06a94e
  5. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address: anyone know how to do track down the info on a device if I have both the MAC and IP address?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinpointing-the-owner-of-a-macip-address/6e1618e5-dcad-4c8e-a2aa-329d5d06a94e
  6. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  8. mac address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  9. No mac address associated with ip address

No mac address associated with ip address: I got an error message while trying to open an app. It said No mac address associated with ip address error -8. What can fix this? I tried reinstalling the app several times, rebooting, etc. Nothing has worked so far. This app used to work fine then all of a sudden I got...
  10. How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!: Hello all brothers/sisters, Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started reading articles from online. And found few good articles like How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Windows and Mac) |...