Windows 10: Dev Projects for the Long Weekend

Discus and support Dev Projects for the Long Weekend in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Find your favorite chair, kick your feet up and grab yourself a cup of coffee. It’s finally time to pick up some of the dev projects you’ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dev Projects for the Long Weekend

Explore the Devices and Sensors GitHub Library

Thirty-five samples to work with right here, folks! With these samples, you can get familiar with the API usage patterns that make the UWP unique. This section has code samples for accelerometers, relative inclinometers and pretty much everything in between.

Dive into Microsoft Open Source Code

We’re still reeling in the excitement about our partnership with the Linux Foundation and the steps we’re taking to make the UWP an increasingly open platform. Take a look at our existing Open Source projects over on Github to see how you can get started.

And that’s all! Have a great long weekend and remember to tweet us if you have any questions or comments!

Download Visual Studio to get started.

The Windows team would love to hear your feedback. Please keep the feedback coming using our Windows Developer UserVoice site. If you have a direct bug, please use the Windows Feedback tool built directly into Windows 10.

:)

Brink, Nov 22, 2016

2. Excel Spreadsheet

I am preparing a spreadsheet that will provide me the number of calendar days for a project to finish excluding weekends and holidays. Also to color code those that have passed the allotted time for each type of project. An example would be if a project
    has 30 business days excluding weekends and holidays and it will either be green for within allotted time, yellow as it gets within a few days (a week) and red if it has exceeded the allowed time. It is all based upon the start and finish dates. Thank you.

DennisHolmXF, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Delete Film from Film & TV app (Windows 10)

Hi Paul,

It does work "eventually", but 9 months to correct something as basic as being able to delete unwanted content in the app is extremely poor app development and project management. Microsoft's Dev and QA teams should have discovered and corrected this long
    before the initial release of the app.

Anyway, at least it works now so I'll get off my soapbox.

Regards,

Dan

Trmnlvlocity, Nov 22, 2016
Thema:

Dev Projects for the Long Weekend

1. Dev Projects for the Long Weekend - Similar Threads - Dev Projects Long

2. Update on question posted this past weekend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update on question posted this past weekend: Last Thursday, I attempted to change my password and all hell broke loose. I contacted Microsoft Chat, they sent me a few links, bottom line, I had to enter my BitLocker key, which I did. Several times, and thought. Now I'm getting code a Windows stop code- Oxc000021a. I did...
  3. Update on question posted this past weekend

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update on question posted this past weekend: Last Thursday, I attempted to change my password and all hell broke loose. I contacted Microsoft Chat, they sent me a few links, bottom line, I had to enter my BitLocker key, which I did. Several times, and thought. Now I'm getting code a Windows stop code- Oxc000021a. I did...
  4. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  5. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  6. Family Safety - Weekdays and Weekends

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - Weekdays and Weekends: In Family Safety, I am able to set limits for individual days 'Screen Time', but 'App and Game Limits' is restricted to 'Weekdays' Monday to Friday and 'Weekends' Saturday and Sunday. I want to set 'App and Game Limits' to apply to the nights which are before school....ie...
  7. Microsoft family weekends and weekdays change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family weekends and weekdays change: Hi there, In Microsoft family as a parent, I'm setting different restrictions for weekdays than weekends, unfortunately it shows weekends as Sat-Sun where the weekend in Saudi is Fri-Sat. I wasn't able to find a way to change the weekends and weekdays from the default...
  8. Microsoft dev

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft dev: im trying to convert my 64 bit exe game that ive created in unreal to an appx or msix and i'm failing miserably. i also cant seem to get in contact with anyone at Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dev/b6801cb8-4906-4b3b-8187-46791ecc8628"
  9. BF4 4XP weekend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF4 4XP weekend: For anyone looking to level up XP and weapon XP quadrupled this weekend *Smile 47449
  10. A Weekend To Forget

in Windows 10 Support
    A Weekend To Forget: Decided to repair old computer desk that was a bit wobbly. Took entire system off and began repairs. Almost finished and moved it slightly to get at a screw! CRASH! Ah, well need a new one anyway!! Then set pc up on dining table whilst awaiting new one to be delivered....