Windows 10: Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10

Discus and support Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At WWDC conference earlier this month, Apple announced that the next version of its desktop operating system codenamed Mojave, which comes with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10

At WWDC conference earlier this month, Apple announced that the next version of its desktop operating system codenamed Mojave, which comes with a new dynamic desktop feature. Windows 10 already has advanced settings for desktop background, and it appears that you can easily dynamic desktop feature on your computer.

Apple’s macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature basically shows different wallpaper throughout the day, and while Windows 10 natively supports cycling between multiple wallpapers, but it’s not based on a day and night schedule.

A developer T1m0thyj has created a small program that ports the new Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10.

Microsoft’s Windows 10 already comes with support to change the desktop background automatically, and if you want more control over the way this whole thing works, you might want to install a new third party app called WinDynamicDesktop.

With WinDynamicDesktop, you can install macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop on your Windows 10 device. It can be also said that the app will greatly enhance the Windows 10’s default desktop settings with a few new options.

Apple’s Dynamic Desktop is available in the new version of macOS, and it can change the wallpaper of the MacBook automatically, but unlike Windows 10, it runs on a series of parameters like day and night.

The app WinDynamicDesktop works in a similar way. It will automatically replace the wallpaper of your Windows 10 device when the clock hits day and night schedule.

WinDynamicDesktop isn’t a hack or trick. It’s a simple tool that more or less brings macOS’ Dynamic Desktop to Windows 10, and it works like a charm.

How to get MacOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop on Windows 10

1. Download and install WinDynamicDesktop from GitHub.
    2. Run the .exe (executable) app.
    3. Enter the location.
    4. That’s it. The app will change rotate the desktop background through the 16 wallpaper images throughout the day and night.

Mojave is a work in progress, and the developer says that the app may still have some bugs. Do you think Windows 10 should natively support the Mojave-like dynamic desktop feature? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The post Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Developer ports macOS

2. Dynamic port forwarding openSSH: Desktop -> gateway -> target_server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dynamic port forwarding openSSH: Desktop -> gateway -> target_server: I connect from my Windows 10 desktop to a gateway (Linux jumphost) and from there to 10+ Linux target_servers I do this in 2 different ways: 1) In CMD ...............A) ssh [email protected]/jumpserver ...............B) from jumpserver ssh [email protected]_server...
  3. Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature: Windows 10 X, a new operating system based on Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS project, was recently shown off along with Surface Neo. While Windows 10 X has been created and optimized for dual-screen devices, it will be coming to traditional laptops as well, as per the...
  4. For developers: Use developer features

in Windows 10 Customization
    For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  5. Downloading QuickBooks to my MacOS Mojave

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading QuickBooks to my MacOS Mojave: I am trying to download QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019 to my MacBook Air, MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4. When I click to download I receive this message. You can’t open the application “Setup_QuickBooksPro2019.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on...
  6. WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR iMac (Retina 4K, 2017) macOS Mojave Ver.10.14.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR iMac (Retina 4K, 2017) macOS Mojave Ver.10.14.2: I am planning to buy and install windows 10 pro...can I install this one for my iMac https://www.microsoft.com/id-id/p/windows-10-pro/df77x4d43rkt what's the difference with this one... https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO thanks......
  7. All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM: So I'm running a macOS Mojave VM on virtualbox on my win10 PC. I have got it set up so that it loads the language selection screen. But as soon as i load up the VM, all my USB devices (wired keyboard, wired mouse, wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter for my wireless mouse, USB...
  8. App that brings macOS-like Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 is now available in Store

in Windows 10 News
    App that brings macOS-like Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 is now available in Store: Last month an independent developer released an app called “WinDynamicDesktop” that brings Apple Macintosh’s Mojave Dynamic Desktop-like feature to Windows 10. While Windows does support loading different wallpapers natively, but it does not alter the background dynamically...
  9. Dynamically detecting features with API contracts (10 by 10)

in Windows 10 News
    Dynamically detecting features with API contracts (10 by 10): The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) allows you to write your app once and target multiple device families, while also taking advantage of new APIs introduced on later versions of the OS as well as using unique APIs only present on certain device families. Apps that adapt...
  10. Macos Sierra, Parrallels Desktop & Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Macos Sierra, Parrallels Desktop & Windows 10: I cannot get to my main screen the only screen that I can get to is the Windows screen. How can I get to the main screen? When I said the main screen I mean the one with the folders and other stuff on it. 86837