Windows 10: developing windows 10 store apps and windows 8.1 store apps accessibil

Discus and support developing windows 10 store apps and windows 8.1 store apps accessibil in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi. developing a windows store balloon game where you have to pop the balloons, then you get a score, and then other levels. well, had to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StarTrekCafe, Dec 15, 2015.

1. developing windows 10 store apps and windows 8.1 store apps accessibil

hi. developing a windows store balloon game where you have to pop the balloons, then you get a score, and then other levels. well, had to select developer
    mode for visual studio 2015 community edition for windows 10, then it loaded up as a windows 8.1, unless windows 10 is built on windows 8.1. even though
    I have 64 bit pro.now, found some javascript code to enhance the game, with a typing tutor, but my other query, need help, if there are some accessibility
    gurus for universal apps and javascript, let me know. need to have keyboard events, and build accessibility into them. tried searching, trawled through
    about 30 pages, tried different keywoards. could not find any javascript or windows 8.1 , windows 10 examples. for how to put keyboard support and accessibility
    into that and for different parts of the screen to be read by a screen reader. any accessibility, or it pros here, able to point me in the right direction.
    and learning to do this, final project for my it course, not to do it for me, learnt a lot, but just need a gentle push in the right direction, maybe some
    articles, you could point to. once done, can some one take a look at my code, test in visual studio 2015, to make sure I am on the right track and it works
    with the keyboard and a screen reader. you can download a 40 minute demo of jaws from
    Freedom Scientific Home Page
    or get a fully functioned free windows screen reader, non visual desktop access (nvda),
    NV Access
    or a free copy of windows eyes for office 2010, 2013, from
    Ai Squared - Weve got accessibility covered. - Ai Squared .
    if you can help that would be great. thanks. marvin from Adelaide, Australia. ps: need to go and re-read my final code project and the final chapter of
    the tutorial to get an idea, been a while since I looked at this project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

StarTrekCafe, Dec 15, 2015
  2. iuiojomop Win User

Screenshot apps privacy?

Can screenshot apps on the windows store for windows 8.1 store the screenshots (you take with the screenshot app) and stream them to the developer or to a private server, or are they only held locally on the phone? More specifically apps like 'screenshot'
    by the publisher Cundhi?

iuiojomop, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    games bought on surface aren't paid for in windows phone market

The Windows Store and Windows Phone Store are not yet merged. That is starting to happen come April With Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update 1.

Note that this does not mean that apps you've bought previous to the merge will automatically become available on the other platform. It will be up to the developer to update their apps to support all platforms.

Entegy, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

developing windows 10 store apps and windows 8.1 store apps accessibil

1. developing windows 10 store apps and windows 8.1 store apps accessibil - Similar Threads - developing store apps

2. Switching from Developer Mode to Windows Store Apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching from Developer Mode to Windows Store Apps not working: Hi, I want to switch from Developer Mode to the common Windows Store App Mode, but any of the three possibilities to select in developer settings is greyed out. Developer Mode is currently active and I can configure the Developer mode as usual. Why can´t I switch the modes...
  3. Windows 10 Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store Apps: Hi, Is there a way to allow users to install any Microsoft created app from the store without letting them installing third party apps? Can this be done with the private store?...
  4. Windows Store App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store App: I have this strange problem with my Windows store app that it wont download anything. it says its downloading but there no movement or actual download i am currently on then latest windows up date using version 1909 but nothing is downloading i have tried refreshing windows...
  5. windows store app

windows store app: this all began with microsoft edge stopped working now alone with edge not working the windows store app is not working either running win.10 pro version 1809 build 17763.379 can someone help with a work around for this messed up browser and the problems it's causing...
  6. Windows App store

Windows App store: As of now (12:18) how many apps and games does Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-app-store/5be7e701-faa9-44df-963c-e2932837783b"
  7. windows store apps

windows store apps: Hi, Since 2 days I cannot open 4 apps: mail, calendar, News and Microsoft weather. I tried to reset, I uninstalled the latest update, I uninstalled two of the apps and installed them again. Nothing works. Do you have a solution?...
  8. Windows 10 Store/Apps

Windows 10 Store/Apps: A while a back ago I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I was happy to go back to the classic shell look and feel. Although signing-in password changing/disabling is sadly not up to par as it should be (Can't disable pw/cannnot change back to old pw). Anyways back to my...
  9. Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working

Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working: Hello all, So, a few days ago I noticed a problem with my apps and App Store. They will not load. Additionally, when I pull up my program menu, the shortcuts for the apps are greyed out with an exclamation mark on the bottom right hand corner. -Event viewer shows this...
  10. Updated Microsoft Store App Developer Agreement and Store Policies

in Windows 10 News
    Updated Microsoft Store App Developer Agreement and Store Policies: The Microsoft Store team has updated the Microsoft Store App Developer Agreement and Microsoft Store Policies as of February 14th. The new version (8.2) of the Microsoft Store App Developer Agreement is available here. This update is particularly relevant to developers...