Windows 10: Device Backups for my laptop not showing on OneDrive Online

Discus and support Device Backups for my laptop not showing on OneDrive Online in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm just looking for some feedback from the rest of the guys on the forum. Are there other users who have PC or laptop devices showing up under Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sportsfan148, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Device Backups for my laptop not showing on OneDrive Online

I'm just looking for some feedback from the rest of the guys on the forum. Are there other users who have PC or laptop devices showing up under Device Backups in OneDrive Online on Windows 10. The message I'm getting is that I dont have any devices backing up. In Windows 10..its always been empty for me!
    Sync Settings has always been enabled. Ive had a conversation on the Microsoft Community forum with moderators and they say I should have backups there on Windows 10 just the same as I used to get with Windows 8 and 8.1. Confusing! I did see someone on here post that it only works in Windows 10 for phones. I quoted this to Microsoft Moderators and they told me that's not correct

:)

sportsfan148, Mar 25, 2018

2. Onedrive online - Device Backups - Fails everytime

Hello boredofthis,

Thank you for asking your question on the forum!

As a first step you could try to reset the Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737?wa=wsignin1.0

Also, please make sure to switch on the backup on your phone. For this go to settings > Backup.

After that, try to access the Backups in OneDrive again.

Have you already tried different browser?

If the issue persists, you can contact the OneDrive Support directly:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eDrive&ccsid=635658993054040998&wa=wsignin1.0

I hope this helps,

Rebecca B., Mar 25, 2018
  3. Onedrive online - Device Backups - Fails everytime

one drive has email support, so I have been going and forth with them but cannot speak to anyone who doesn't just copy and paste from a script.

I agree it isn't a device problem but they told me to come here so I thought I may as well give it a shot!

boredofthis, Mar 25, 2018
Thema:

Device Backups for my laptop not showing on OneDrive Online

1. Device Backups for my laptop not showing on OneDrive Online - Similar Threads - Device Backups laptop

2. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  3. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  4. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  5. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  6. Online Backup Suggestions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online Backup Suggestions: I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store...
  7. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  8. My online "Documents" folder won't show in my File Explorer BUT shows in the OneDrive directory

My online "Documents" folder won't show in my File Explorer BUT shows in the OneDrive directory: The title says it all really, I got an online folder on OneDrive named "Documents" and the contents of this file won't show under C:\Users\jordan\Documents on my computer BUT it shows under OneDrive - Personal. I don't know how to solve this, any ideas?...
  9. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  10. Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, on my SurfacePro 3, can I still backup this device to OneDrive? I've tried doing it by adding a network connection, but it doesn't seem to work, or accept the path. What am I doing wrong?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in onedrive online which devices would be showing up under the device backups

2. backup to onedrive option not showing