Windows 10: Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically

Discus and support Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 v1709 64-bit. From time to time the PC speakers will emit one or more device connect and/or disconnect sounds. Sometimes it will also do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrymcg, Mar 3, 2018.

1. larrymcg Win User

Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically

Win 10 v1709 64-bit. From time to time the PC speakers will emit one or more device connect and/or disconnect sounds. Sometimes it will also do this when I plug an iPhone charger into an electrical outlet in the same room but separate from the one the PC is plugged into. This just started happening in the last few weeks.

No relevant events are logged in the event log. The device manager does not show any devices with issues. There are no notifications.

I see no impact of any of this other than the sounds which make me wonder what is going on.

Any suggestions about how to find out what is going on?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, Mar 3, 2018

2. Electricity gets cut while updating E75 software

btw...when i try connecting it to the PC nothing happens..just the sound of device getting connected to the PC ...and the sound of it getting disconnected......

cyanide_rebirth, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Device connect and disconnect happens over and over and over and over after recnet win10 update

Hi,

To help you resolve the concern of disconnect and connect sounds playing over and over again, please follow steps below:

1. Search for Display Settings and then click it.

2. Click Power & sleep.

3. Click Additional power settings.

4. Click Change plan settings.

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

6. Click the plus sign (+) beside USB settings.

7. Click the plus sign (+) beside USB selective suspend setting

8. Set it to Disabled.

9. Click Apply, then click OK.

If the issue is still there you may try the next troubleshooting steps:

1. Right click the sound icon on the bottom right of the desktop screen ( near the date and time ).

2. Choose sounds, when the sound box opens scroll down to you see
    device disconnect, click and highlight it.

3. Now the bottom left you will see a box with the sound name Windows Hardware Remove, click the arrow on this box. Scroll to the top where you see
    NONE at the top of the list. Click on apply, and notice the speaker icon symbol is now missing for the
    device disconnect meaning no sound is chosen.

4. Close the sounds box.

Let us know what is the outcome.

Thanks.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 3, 2018
  4. RickC Win User

I don't suppose you have iTunes running and set to 'sync over wifi'?

RickC, Mar 4, 2018
  5. larrymcg Win User
    iTunes not installed on that PC.

larrymcg, Mar 4, 2018
  6. RickC Win User
    Use something like USBDeview or USB Device Tree Viewer (both small, free and portable... and you need to use 'Run as administrator' so they can access the HKLM registry hive) to determine which USB Root Hub the speakers are attached to.

Next, open Device Manager (right-click on Start and choose from the Power menu) and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Double-click on the appropriate USB Root Hub, select the Power Management tab and remove the tick from the Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power checkbox. Click OK to dismiss the dialog then close Device Manager.

Hope this helps to stop the 'de-dunk' noises. *Smile

(I remove the power-saving checkmark from all Root Hubs as a matter of course. IMO, it's more trouble than it's worth in terms of the miniscule amount of power saving... but YMMV. Unfortunately, Microsoft has a long and troubled history of not getting it right when trying to wake devices up again.)

RickC, Mar 4, 2018
  7. larrymcg Win User
    RickC,
    I'm using ancient external speakers that plug into the audio out jack.
    In any case I went through the USB Root Hubs and only one had the OK to power down option set. I cleared it but that didn't help. I also checked the individual devices for the same option.
    I liked the info that USB Device Tree Viewer provided.
    Thanks,
    Larry

larrymcg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically - Similar Threads - Device Connect Disconnect

2. Random device connect/disconnect sound and PC freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random device connect/disconnect sound and PC freeze: The problem: Random device disconnected and reconnect sound like when you plugin a USB drive. Also a brief 1-3s computer freeze where the display is frozen and cursor is stuck. It happens entirely randomly/sporadically but lately it is happened much more frequently, sometimes...
  3. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  4. Connect / Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connect / Disconnect Sound: Help! The "Connect" and "Disconnect" sounds are constantly activating. Very annoying. I went to the sound device manager and it does not give me the ability to "turn off". Also...a separate Community Thread offered some "Troubleshooting" tips however those did not...
  5. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  6. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  7. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  8. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  9. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  10. No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events: So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer. Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices. Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and...