Windows 10: Device for image not found

Discus and support Device for image not found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have just upgraded from W8.1 to W10. Before the upgrade, I could save system images to my USB disk (WD MyPassport Ultra) without problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CATS, Apr 5, 2016.

1. CATS Win User

Device for image not found

Hello

I have just upgraded from W8.1 to W10. Before the upgrade, I could save system images to my USB disk (WD MyPassport Ultra) without problems. After upgrade, the backup/image programme cannot find the device. The programme stops with an error message, saying (in my local language):
    • no backup devise can be found
    • the file cannot be found (0x80070002)
    • stop and try again

A post is added to the system log, saying (in my local language):
    • Event id 513, CAPI2
    • The call OnIdentity() ... failed for the service Cryptographic Services
    • AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Propocol
    • System Error
    • Access denied

The same problem occurs when I try to crate an image on our local NAS (Synology Diskstation).

I have tried to restart the Cryptographic Services: no effect.
    I have run sfc /scannow: clean
    I have run dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and /ScanHealth: clean
    I have added read access to mslldp for NT Service\CryptSvc: success

None of this had any effect.

Although it is not possible to create an image, it is possible to complete a full backup, including an image on both the USB disk and the NAS. When starting from the backup interface, both the USB disk and NAS are detected without problems.

Please help.
    Carl

:)

CATS, Apr 5, 2016
  2. DonTolson Win User

Device not found for MB860 after switching from Windows XP to Widows 7. Help

I think you might be in the wrong forum. This one is for people with Windows Phone 7 phones. I think you might want the Windows 7 forum.

As well, probably the best bet is to look at Motorola's web site and see if they have an application which allows the Atrix to connect to the PC. Most Android phones have a separate app from each manufacturer to support synchronization and updates, etc.

DonTolson, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Device not found for MB860 after switching from Windows XP to Widows 7. Help

Updated OS from XP to 7. Want to use Motorola Atrix (MB860) to tether to computer but driver not working and cant seem to find one. Any ideas?

DEvans_1226, Apr 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, whilst this won't solve your problem, I would like to suggest a better way (and more reliable according to those who've used both:

Macrium Reflect (free) - strongly recommended by people here as very reliable, very much more flexible and feature rich than Windows system imaging. Of course there are other programs too..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Hello CATS Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The first thing to do with "any" and that means "any" usb device when not being seen is to unplug and replug it back in after so many seconds to allow a fresh detection by Windows. Apparently the upgrade was seen to while the drive was still plugged in and was forgotten about as an inactive device at the time and now needs to see a fresh new detection where Windows can then mount the volume on the drive.

That applies to digital cameras as well as flash drives as well as drives in external enclosures as well as factory presealed WD drives. They all still need to be detected fresh. Once that is seen to you can right click on the Start button to select the Disk Management tool from the right click menu there and select the drive letter you prefer from the list of unused letters in case you had it previously set for G not E, F or H, I, etc. Here the drive in an external enclosure is either J or K to keep the proceeding letters available for usb devices and flash drives.

These would be the first things to look at.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device for image not found - Similar Threads - Device image found

2. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  3. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  4. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I had the same issue as CNYM, but attempting the fix that worked for him didn't work for me.I placed winre.wim in my system 32 recovery folder, tried running reagentc /enable, and had cmd return this: REAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE image was not...
  5. No device found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No device found: I would like to connect an inkjet printer to my PC. Therefore I : plugged the printer into an electrical port and turned on the powerconnected the printer to my PC through a USB cabledownloaded the driver and installed itwent to Devices & Printers. selected Add a deviceNo...
  6. Windows RE Image was not found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows RE Image was not found.: Hey guys. So just recently, I was trying to reset my Laptop because of some issues and I stumbled upon, "Could not find the recovery environment. Insert your windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media." I went to Youtube and tried to find a...
  7. Device not found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Device not found: Hello, I've added my PC to my account and I've purchased a game from the Microsoft Store through the webpage. I can't install the game from the website or the app because it won't see my device, it'll keep telling me I have nothing connected....
  8. No Camera or imaging devices found after Windows update

No Camera or imaging devices found after Windows update: I have already spent over 9 hours with three consecutive MS Techs. sessions. Issue is not resolved I need my webcam for upcoming classes. The last thing I was told to do was to get in touch with Dell. Dell will charge me for advise at this point. I have an MS Assure...
  9. device not found

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    device not found: Did some looking through the threads here. Issue...I connect my iphone 6 to new asus laptop with windows ten. I select "trust this device" on iphone. I hit "import" button at top of page. I get "we're having trouble connecting....make sure your device is unlocked and that you...
  10. windows image viewer not found

windows image viewer not found: windows 10 updated version have no image viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-image-viewer-not-found/b4d79451-c968-4da6-88a6-59a9503b2240