Windows 10: Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of...

Discus and support Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having a crisis with Amazon. I am trying to delete a device from the download dashboard of the software section of Amazon, but I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexisSherrill, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of...

I have been having a crisis with Amazon. I am trying to delete a device from the download dashboard of the software section of Amazon, but I am not able to because of a text that says "Upgrade Required" and because of that, the listed device has been grayed out. I contacted support, and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the software downloads application, but that only creates a new name that you can delete. I contacted support last night, and the person said that he was going to delete the undeletable device from the dashboard and that should take 1-2 hours. 2 hours later, the grayed out device and text is still there. What can I do? I’m stressing out about this and I want to see if anyone out there is have the same problem, and how to solve it.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Website issues / Windows 10]

:)

AlexisSherrill, Aug 2, 2018

2. Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of "Upgrade Required" text

I have been having a crisis with Amazon. I am trying to delete a device from the download dashboard of the software section of Amazon, but I am not able to because of a text that says "Upgrade Required" and because of that, the listed device has been grayed
    out. I contacted support, and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the software downloads application, but that only creates a new name that you can delete. I contacted support last night, and the person said that he was going to delete the undeletable
    device from the dashboard and that should take 1-2 hours. 2 hours later, the grayed out device and text is still there. What can I do? I’m stressing out about this and I want to see if anyone out there is have the same problem, and how to solve it.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Website issues / Windows 10]

AlexisSherrill, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Anyone ever purchase a downloadable game from Amazon?

Questions posed to Amazon:
    Partial response:
    I think I'm gonna sleep on it...

FordGT90Concept, Sep 27, 2018
  4. TJVasquez Win User

Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of...

Amazon assistant - can't remove

It was actually a lot easier than any of the suggested posts here.

I figure what we want to do is re-run the install program, so

I simply googled "Download Amazon Assistant" and it took me to Amazon's download page.

Click on Download and let the installer run. When it does, it'll detect you already have Amazon Assistant installed and it'll ask you to Change or Remove. Click Remove and also Ignore when it warns you that the program is running.

That's it.

TJ

TJVasquez, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of...

1. Device from "Download Dashboard" on Amazon Software Library cannot be removed because of... - Similar Threads - Device Download Dashboard

2. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  3. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  4. cannot install Turbo Tax 2022 that was downloaded from Amazon. Running to blockage from the...

cannot install Turbo Tax 2022 that was downloaded from Amazon. Running to blockage from the...: says the app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft verified app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-turbo-tax-2022-that-was-downloaded/7d5e9994-41f2-46c9-8408-387bb05f74a3
  5. Cannot remove McCaffe software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove McCaffe software: During a windows 11 install somehow a copy of McCaffe virus scan got installed Now I cant get rid of this annoying piece of **** !Uninstall doesn't work McCaffe uninstall tool doesn't work Im left with wiping drive clean and starting over .Amazing how you can't GET help with...
  6. MP3 Download from Amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 Download from Amazon: I downloaded an MP3 - it's a zip file and I can't play it on Windows Media Player. Would someone assist a not-too-tech savvy user? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-download-from-amazon/0f919561-4e85-491d-ac90-6f0e50213578
  7. MP3 Download from Amazon

MP3 Download from Amazon: I downloaded an MP3 - it's a zip file and I can't play it on Windows Media Player. Would someone assist a not-too-tech savvy user? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-download-from-amazon/0f919561-4e85-491d-ac90-6f0e50213578
  8. 5.25 Media Dashboard Card Reader not working after accidentally removing it from devices...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.25 Media Dashboard Card Reader not working after accidentally removing it from devices...: While doing some work through devices and printers, I accidentally removed a device I did not intend to remove and now I have no idea how to have it detected again so any help at all would be nice! I tried updating the drivers, I tried uninstalling them and retrying, and so...
  9. Amazon Games and Software Downloader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Games and Software Downloader: I am having trouble installing Amazon Games and Software Downloader I purchased Turbo Tax and it says I must have the Games and Software Downloader to down load it?...
  10. Cannot remove device from Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove device from Computer: Hello! I have a quick question for you. I have switched to iPhone a couple of weeks back. Previously, I had a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Before transferring all my stuff from one phone to another, I had both of the phones connected to the PC at once. The issue that I am facing now...