Windows 10: Device Installation Settings

Discus and support Device Installation Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something I checked after the upgrade from Build 10240 to Build 10586.3, is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and went to Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff S, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Device Installation Settings

Something I checked after the upgrade from Build 10240 to Build 10586.3, is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and went to Advanced Settings>>>Hardware>>>Device Installation Settings. First of all it's simpler now, and second of all, the upgrade reset mine to download drivers. There is no way in hell I'm gong to let Microsoft update MY drivers.

Device Installation Settings [​IMG]

So this is a heads up to others with the same preference: Check your settings after the upgrade!

How to Turn On or Off Automatic Device Driver Installation in Windows 10

:)

Cliff S, Nov 13, 2015

2. Device Installation Settings

Thanks Sumit. Mine is a HP DV7 and I already tried their site for any updated driver but they do not have any available. Device Installation Settings :(

Everything was smooth before the update.

DasguptaSourav, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Falco1029 Win User

I'm able to do that as well, but it similarly does not change the grayed out nature of it in the typical options menu. The main issue is I don't want to have to do a roundabout manner of changing it every time I want to.

Falco1029, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I guess you don't feel lucky. *Wink

Device Installation Settings [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    *chuckle
    After The upgrade it gave me the correct AMD/CCC video drivers from the Lenovo site(which is ok), but I prefer the last Beta version better. I just don't want them changed back. Nice thing is, I just opened the AMD folder and can pick the driver I want to re-install.

Cliff S, Nov 13, 2015
  6. At least now it gives a proper description, that it is not about blocking drivers at all.

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    I would also hide the relevant updates, just in case since this setting didn't work for me (in build 10240, haven't tried in 10586).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Installation Settings - Similar Threads - Device Installation Settings

2. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  3. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  4. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.: Can someone help me with this i unistall the program and the audio device is still in settings also i go to the device manager and unistall the audio device and its still there even i restart my computer...
  6. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  7. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  8. Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.: I installed a program called voice meter, its main purpose is to provide different audio tracks for when recording.It didn't work how I liked, so I deleted the files off the computer.After deleting it, it still shows up in my output devices and I'm not sure why.Any help is...
  9. settings for "cast to device"

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings for "cast to device": cast to device worked. Not now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-for-cast-to-device/f3b5b311-ae8e-4783-b075-5da9780d341c
  10. Sound device settings!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound device settings!?: How can I make it so when pressing right click down at the right corner on the sound icon, I can get THIS instead of THIS I formated my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 and after that it went to this retarded version which I need to press multiple times to get to the...