Windows 10: Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games

Discus and support Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone else received this email from 'Microsoft Devices Team' <maccount[@]microsoft.com>? I haven't followed any of the links and logged in, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARC1020, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games

Anyone else received this email from 'Microsoft Devices Team' <maccount[@]microsoft.com>? I haven't followed any of the links and logged in, however the links look legit, it doesn't appear to be a phishing email.

I seem to remember someone saying recently that apps from the Windows Store can only be downloaded and installed on up to 10 devices per Microsoft Account with Windows Ten (it was 81 devices per a Microsoft Account for Windows Eight). But I'm nowhere near that? Sent in error?

Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jul 29, 2015

2. Device limit reached for installing apps & games

Does Microsoft really think they have a right to determine how many devices a person can have?

Software manufacture's all have a limit as to how many devices can install the software with the product key then you have to buy another key simple as that.

So I guess that they want your kids to have there own account so you cannot control what they do with it like get in trouble, access bad websites, get hacked fall prey to others and other things that happen all to often online.

At the rate its going with Microsoft it wont be long before people wake up and see that Microsoft is trying to take control of you and place rules you have to live by according to what they think is right for you.

I have support Windows since about 1985, but at this rate I might need to consider Linux. Apple is too controlling and it looks like MS is trying to get that way too.

-- Nobody

Expect the Worst and hope for the best!

Billie On Pc, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Device limit reached for installing apps & games

Hi Billie,

We appreciate you being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Which product key do you refer to Windows 7/8.1?

• Do you have the volume license product key of Windows?

• Have you installed the Windows 10? (If yes through Windows update or through ISO/USB)

For your information, if you have the purchase the product key of Windows from the retail store you can install only on one device. If you use the volume license version, it depends on the volume key on how many devices
    can you install Windows using that product key.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Carsomyr Win User

I had this problem also (I just upgraded my laptop from 8.1 to 10, the only other computer I have is my desktop which is still on the insider program for now) I'd like to know why it a) is trying to give me all this extra crap i don't want b) Why should I have to pick and choose what devices get what? if its a standard app it should come on all? c)just generally disappointed I mean the OS is nice but the upgrade process is a total disaster.

Carsomyr, Jul 29, 2015
  5. I also had this e-mail just after upgrading. I only own one Windows device and that's all I see if I look in my accounts' Devices page. I have resisted the prompt to delete this device... *Smile

RoboScorpion, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I received the same email. And like others, I only have one device running Windows 10. It's not a matter of memory or disk space, so what's the deal here?

tarheelbill, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Ted1 Win User
    Same here. Hope someone responds soon. MS What is up with this??

Ted1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games - Similar Threads - Device Limit Reached

2. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.: I am trying to install Halo Infinite on my PC. The store drives me to the Xbox app to do so. The Xbox app reports that I have reached my device limit 10. My account shows only 2 devices. How can I resolve this?...
  3. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.: I am trying to install Halo Infinite on my PC. The store drives me to the Xbox app to do so. The Xbox app reports that I have reached my device limit 10. My account shows only 2 devices. How can I resolve this?...
  4. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  6. Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits: Under my Family Safety tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child should have access to 4 devices and they are on there listed correctly. However, there are two additional device icons for a...
  7. Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device

Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device: Hi there, I have set up a child account and am trying and trying to set limits for apps through online family settings. The overall screen time limits seem to be working, but in the 'app and game limits' tab our device is marked red with an exclamation mark. When hovering...
  8. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  9. limit reach

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    limit reach: Had to reformat my computer. Now I try to activate and it said limit reach. What can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-reach/49e7cefe-8ed4-48a0-b94e-529565ac36e5
  10. Account device limit reached

in Windows 10 Support
    Account device limit reached: Not sure where to put this but I have just received an email from ms saying I have reached the device limit for my ms account after installing win 10. On the list is a vm which I have removed and a 64 bit version of win 8.1 which is on another account. What is this all about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the store.

2. windows 10 10 device limit reached