Windows 10: Device Manager alert

Discus and support Device Manager alert in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Win10 Pro x64 from scratch on my desktop computer and that is the only OS I have on that computer. The Device Manager shows an alert -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zkab, Sep 23, 2015.

1. zkab Win User

Device Manager alert

I installed Win10 Pro x64 from scratch on my desktop computer and that is the only OS I have on that computer.
    The Device Manager shows an alert - please check the attachment.
    I have Nvidia Geforce 9400 and have updated the drivers.
    How can I get rid of that alert ?

:)

2. steveains Win User

pop up alert telling me I have just plug a device in the audio jack

my windows 10 computer keeps issuing a pop up alert telling me I have just plug a device in the audio jack then immediately I have unplugged a device any idea how to stop it.i have been through device manager to try to disable the alert but can't find
    it

steveains, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Driver Issue on Vista x32

Each time I connect the cable I get an alert to install it.

There is not CA-42 Driver on device manager. Nor is there any exlamation marks on device manager
    Message Edited by on 13-Apr-200704:39 PM

slayerofsouls, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Device Manager alert

You are missing the driver for that hardware. I googled the hardware IDs,

pci\ven_10de&dev_0AA3&CC_0b40
    pci\ven_10de&dev_0AA3&subsys_0aa31458

and it shows that this would be the
    NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller Driver for Gigabyte Technology,
    which you need. So you still need to install the driver for that chipset...

Joergi, Sep 23, 2015
  5. zkab Win User
    Thanks - but I can't find the driver for Win10 neither on Gigabyte or Nvidia support sites.
    There are lots of 'driver-download-sites' with this dirver but can they be trusted ?

6. Joergi Win User
    If they are not official, they cannot be trusted. There especially are many doubtful pages, which try installing crapware or which even provide drivers full of viruses. Even known pages like SourceForge manipulate their users' uploads - I really do not trust such pages.

I have now tried finding a driver for your
    NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller Driver for Gigabyte Technology
    on the NVIDIA website. However, when you select "Legacy", it gives you a number of different nForce series and a number of different boards for each. I have no idea, which one is the right one in your case.

Maybe you can use the tool CPU-Z
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
    to get more information about the exact name of the components inside your PC. Especially the exact name of the motherboard/mainboard is relevant.

Joergi, Sep 23, 2015
  7. zkab Win User
    When I selected "Legacy" at Nvidia's support site and specified GeForce 9400 it just gave me the driver that I already have. Feel that I am back at square one again ...

8. Joergi Win User

Device Manager alert

Note that the GeForce 9400 is a graphics card. What you are missing however, is a driver for a part of your mainboard (which is not called GeForce, but nForce). Both are made by NVIDIA, but they are different. Just like a Mercedes SL 500 and a Mercedes S Class: Both are produced by the same manufacturer, but they are different.

What you need to know is the exact name of the motherboard. CPU-Z
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
    can tell you the name of the exact model.

Joergi, Sep 26, 2015
  9. stormy13 Win User
    About the best you're going to find is the last Windows 7 driver as Nvidia dropped support for their chipsets a few years ago,

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/30520/en-us

Just make sure to do a custom install so you don't get the GPU and Physx drivers.

@Joergi, the Geforce 9400 (as well as the 8100/8200/8300) is a Nforce chipset, just that they are the one's with integrated graphics.

stormy13, Sep 26, 2015
  10. zkab Win User
    CPU-Z gives me mobo GA-E7AUM-DS2H
    I will install the Win7 nForce driver as you recommended and keep you posted about the result ...

11. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Sep 26, 2015
  12. Joergi Win User
    I'm not so sure about that. When I checked that yesterday, it came up with integrated graphics (like GeForce 9400M for laptops), but also with real graphics cards of the 9400 series. Since zkab obviously does not use a laptop, but a desktop PC, I think what he might have is a real card...

Joergi, Sep 26, 2015
  13. stormy13 Win User

Device Manager alert

Not going to do anything for him as the only thing Intel about his computer is the CPU, the chipset and onboard video are both Nvidia.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-E7AUM-DS2H (rev. 1.0)

As I said previously the Geforce 9400 is the onboard graphics, and has no relation to the 9400 GT video card.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 mGPU | GeForce

The IGP Chronicles Part 3: NVIDIAs GeForce 9300

stormy13, Sep 26, 2015
  14. zkab Win User
    What I did was:

1) installed the driver from http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/30520/en-us
    2) reinstalled the latest Nvidia GeForce 9400 driver for Win10 from scratch
    3) right-clicked on co-processor in DevMgr and Update driver

and then the yellow triangle disappered ...

Thanks for your help

15. flex Win User
    Yep this worked for me. One thing you forgot though is to point the update driver wizard at C:\NVIDIA to find the driver.

Thema:

Device Manager alert

1. Device Manager alert - Similar Threads - Device Manager alert

2. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alert! TPM device is not detected.: Alert! TPM device is not detected.Dear, Dear All, I have done all the possible processes to enable the TPM option in the Bios, but this option does not appear in the security menu and nowhere in the Bios, I need your help, I attach images and my laptop model is Dell Latitude...
  3. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alert! TPM device is not detected.: Alert! TPM device is not detected.Dear, Dear All, I have done all the possible processes to enable the TPM option in the Bios, but this option does not appear in the security menu and nowhere in the Bios, I need your help, I attach images and my laptop model is Dell Latitude...
  4. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Device security alert cannot be dismissed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security alert cannot be dismissed: I am running a fresh install of Windows 11. The 'Device security' is showing an alert but when I click on Dismiss it prompts the UAC Yes/No window and when I click Yes and does it again total of 3 times, but the alert does not go away.I've tried deleting the regedit folder of...
  6. Device security alert cannot be dismissed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device security alert cannot be dismissed: I am running a fresh install of Windows 11. The 'Device security' is showing an alert but when I click on Dismiss it prompts the UAC Yes/No window and when I click Yes and does it again total of 3 times, but the alert does not go away.I've tried deleting the regedit folder of...
  7. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Alert! TPM device is not detected.: This picture is collected from Reddit, but I have a similar problem. I updated my firmware from the Dell support assist app. I should mention that my power IC was water damaged, so I fixed my laptop from a local mechanic. My laptop model was Dell Inspiron 15 but after that...
  8. Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts: I'm on 10 Home x64 (20H2). I noticed in the task manager that performance logs and alerts are running. Is that normal or do I have something to worry about? It is set to manual but when my computer starts it triggers it. I will show a picture of it. I do get a kernel-event...
  9. Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager: hello, when I entered the device manager, the device did not start up, I caught my attention but But when I look at other devices, the device started up, is it the problem with my network adapter?[ATTACH]...
  10. Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts: I have mouse and keyboard PS/2 yellow alerts on Device Manager, but they aren't plugged. Tried to unistall, but they come back on next reboot. 44005

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AA3&CC_0B40

2. device manager driver alert