Windows 10: Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone

Discus and support Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks , Anyone else run across this ? My Win 10 crashed after an update re-boot. Long story short , had to re-image Win 10 , after re-loading all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnKasse, Sep 3, 2018.

1. JohnKasse Win User

Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone

Hi folks ,

Anyone else run across this ? My Win 10 crashed after an update re-boot. Long story short , had to re-image Win 10 , after re-loading all drivers the device manager keeps looking like it is trying to update. No faults or warnings shown in the manager. The blinking manager, is an annoyance , but the tone keeps coming up every time it does it . bit disturbing when trying a game that requires sound. No codes or warning messages.

Running Win 10 Insider x64, desktop

Thanks in advance

:)

JohnKasse, Sep 3, 2018

2. Device Manager > Sound > Recording "flickering"

Hi,

When you said you disabled it, did you actually disable the device by going to
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
    > Recording, then right-clicking on the device and clicking on
    Disable? Also, have you tried to plug in another recording device to check if it will exhibit the same problem?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Sep 3, 2018
  3. flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Marco Gav Win User

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone - Similar Threads - Device manager constantly

2. TASK MANAGER FLICKERS AFTER UPDATE KB5031455

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASK MANAGER FLICKERS AFTER UPDATE KB5031455: Hello, after update KB5031455 task manager does a weird flickering effect when i pass the mouse in the search box. It's not my graphics card driver because i just did a clean install, then updated gpu drivers and restarted, everything ok so far, then installed all the...
  3. TASK MANAGER FLICKERS AFTER UPDATE KB5031455

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASK MANAGER FLICKERS AFTER UPDATE KB5031455: Hello, after update KB5031455 task manager does a weird flickering effect when i pass the mouse in the search box. It's not my graphics card driver because i just did a clean install, then updated gpu drivers and restarted, everything ok so far, then installed all the...
  4. Display Unresponsive and Constantly Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Unresponsive and Constantly Flickering: Hi there, I am having display issues on my Windows 11 PC latest update. I am unable to click and open any files at all and I cannot even open the command prompt or problem scanner. Whenever I attempt to open a Desktop icon, it states that the files were either moved or...
  5. Display Unresponsive and Constantly Flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Unresponsive and Constantly Flickering: Hi there, I am having display issues on my Windows 11 PC latest update. I am unable to click and open any files at all and I cannot even open the command prompt or problem scanner. Whenever I attempt to open a Desktop icon, it states that the files were either moved or...
  6. My screen is constantly flickering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is constantly flickering.: So It has been 2 weeks that my monitor is flickering everytime i start my pc. I tried many solutions like Rolling back my display drivers and that option was not available to my pc. After That I tried Safe mode, I booted into safe mode my screen starts flickering again. So I...
  7. device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers

device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers: i have hp laptop windows 10 ops and dell inspirion 3580 laptop windows 10 both these laptop have same problem. device manager screen keeps flickering/refreshing. i received instructions how to resolve this problem but it did not work.can anyone out there help me. janet r...
  8. DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING

DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING: HI I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL OF MY HP AND DELL LAPTOPS. BUT MOSLY MY HP WHIC I USE ALL THE TIME. NO ONE SEEMS KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I GO INTO THE DEVICE MANGER SCREEN IT STARTS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING. I WATCH VIDEOS ON THE PROBLEM BUT...
  9. Bluetooth On MSI Trident 3 H310 Not detected Flickering Device manager tried many methods

Bluetooth On MSI Trident 3 H310 Not detected Flickering Device manager tried many methods: Hello I have a serious problem My Bluetooth has stopped Working and I can't seem to Fix it as i have tried many methods Methods: Restarting the Computer uninstalling Drivers and Reinstalling Installed latest drivers from Intel as My Bluetooth is a IntelRWireless...
  10. device manager updates

device manager updates: I updated some entries in device manager and went to the manufacturer when possible. My question; I used the Samsung magician to upgrade my Evo SSD. Is this something one does when getting a new PC? What about if I retrieve an image or a restore point? Does that affect the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager flickering

2. device manager flashing

3. when i open device manager it if blinking

4. why is device manager flashing constantly,
  5. device manager seems to constantly update,
  6. device manager flickers,
  7. DEvice manager is flickering,
  8. Screen flickers in device manager,
  9. device manager keeps flicking